Magic training.




6. Magic training

“Here, drink these. They will heal you so you can focus on the magic training.”

Cyril handed us two vials with purple liquid. I take the vial and drink the purple liquid, it tastes bitter but it has a sweet after taste. I feel the pain disappear and I could move normally again.

“Before we start I will have to tell you a few things you need to watch out when you go into a populated area. The level of magic I am going to teach you is way above the normal level of the world so if you go around showing it off there will be consequences. Same with her healing magic, if people find about it they will see you as a threat and try to eliminate you so keep it a secret.

Another thing is that even with all this training there will be many monsters you are unable to beat so you need to improve more after you leave here and do not think that you are invincible.

Last thing is that the potions I give to you are crazy expensive and I am expecting you to repay me in the future.”

“How expensive are they exactly?”

“About one gold coin for each.”

“And how much is that?”

“I see, not only are you weak as fuck, you also have no knowledge about the world. Fine, I will teach you the basics. There is a universal currency and it has four types of coin, first is copper and you can buy a piece of bread with it.

Second is silver and it is worth ten copper coins, you can stay overnight in an inn with a silver or you could get three full meals with it.
Third one is gold and it is worth a hundred silver coins, wealthy people usually use gold coins and the less wealthy rarely even see them.

Last one is an obsidian coin that has magic imbued in it, they are worth one hundred gold coins and are usually only used by nations and big businesses.” 

“All right, that’s sounds reasonable.”

“What are you saying Luna? That’s so expensive and we will need them every day, for six of us that would be six gold coins per day and we don’t know if we need more of them than only one.”

“That doesn’t matter, no matter the price I will gladly pay it if it helps us survive.”

“Still couldn’t we do this without the potions?”

“Hey girlie, you think I have time to babysit you for months or years it would take to train you normally?”

“Yeah, ok, you are right, thank you for taking care of us.”

“Let us begin the magic training now, first show me what you can do.”

Luna formed many small fireballs that fused together and created a big fireball. I just healed my wounds from the earlier training.

“So, you can use the elementary fire magic and you can barely manage the basics of healing magic.”

“I am sorry but I have to ask, how can you teach her more about healing magic if it is only a myth and there are no earlier instances of someone having healing magic?”

“Because it is still magic and it still follows the same rules as magic, only mystery in healing is why we can’t use it. I have talked so researches about the subject and they said that we should be able to use it normally just like any other magic. It is still just a hypothesis and because we don’t know I can’t say for sure and you don’t need to know yet anyway so let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”

“What are we going to do?”

“you will use magic in a way I tell you to, as I explain some magic theory. Hey girl what is your name?”

“My name is Luna.”

“Okay, Luna do the same fireball you did earlier with your left hand and with your right hand you will do a fire spear at the same time. Other girl come here.”

I walk up to him.

“Hold out your arm.” He said as he was taking something from his pocket.

I hold out my arms and he cuts my wrists with the blade of the dagger he took out. I cried out from the pain and surprise of the sudden action, my wrists were bleeding and the sharp pain seared through my arms, I try to not mind it but the cut hurts more than the training before and I feel myself start to tear up.

“Heal both of the wounds at the same time but heal the wound from your right hand twice as slowly. If you fail to do it at the same time or in the right time you will try again for as long as you can do it.”

“Will she be all right?” Asks Luna without showing any concern.

“Only if she can do fast enough, if she loses too much blood she will probably die.”

“Calm down Melissa, I’m sure it’s painful and the blood that is flowing from your arms is making you panic but you have all the time in the world to do this if you concentrate on your first try.”

I hear Lunas words and start to calm down, she is right, if I focus on the healing and don’t mind the blood and pain I can do this.

“Magic is the act of taking mana from somewhere then changing it to something else and controlling it. Mana is all around us, it is in the air, the ground and inside of living beings, there are places that are richer in mana and places where there is hardly any mana, just like this forest and your mountain.

Most races can take mana from the environment and change it inside their bodies to something else, like Luna did with her fire. You can control the fire after that and make it form a shape or the size you want, you can also move it to a certain place with a certain speed. You did this in training as you threw the fireballs at me.

All these processes can be trained better, the speed and quantity of mana gathering, the speed of turning the mana to something else and you can make separate places turn the mana differently, for example you can have your left hand create fire and your right hand to create water at the same time. Precision of the control, speed and power can be increased of the thing you make like the fire.”

As I focused healing my bleeding wrists I couldn’t listen much to what he was saying but I understood that with practice various aspects of using magic will improve. I managed to heal my other wound completely and the other one was half way done.

“Element magic is easiest to learn, you mostly deal with these elements a lot and they don’t require much knowledge to use. Fire and air are the easiest and water and earth come after that, I will only teach you the elemental magics so you must learn the others by yourselves. Oh yeah, I will teach all of you the physical enhancement magic too so be glad.”

I finish healing the other wound and I was shaking with joy, I can learn attack magic here. I have always dreamt of using air magic to fly and to be able to use fire magic in a fight will make it safer for us.

“Hey girlie, you ok there?”
“Yes master, please teach me magic.”
“Well it is good to be enthusiastic but calm down, you have a long way to go before you can even use your healing magic properly.”

I know that what he is saying is right but I still can’t help it, I am feeling so excited about the thought of flying in the skies. I see Luna sweating a lot as she is keeping the fireball in the air with the fire spear.

“Luna that is good enough, you can release the magic.”

She lets go of the magic and the ball and the spear disperse in the air, she falls to her knees as she is breathing heavily.

“Luna are you, all right?” I ask her with concern.
“Yeah, I just need to catch my breath.”
“For the last thing for today we will have a one versus two magic battle. You don’t have to worry that I would kill you this time because you are too inexperience to put up a good fight but I will beat you to a bloody bulb.”

As he said that he took a stance and fired off a fireball toward Luna. I jump at her and push her to the ground with me, I feel the heat of the fireball the flies above us.

I start healing Luna as I help her up, Luna started to form her big fireball as I was in between the two. I hear a weird sound coming from the direction of Cyril but couldn’t see anything, then I feel a sharp pain in my stomach and I see a deep cut that went through my armor and slashed my stomach.

I put my arm in the cut and start healing it as I duck down. Luna threw the fireball at Cyril and made another small one behind it. Cyril puts up a water wall and the fireball just extinguished as it hit it. He then forms a giant earth hand that grabs both of us in the air and throws us at the wall. I hit the wall as I protect Luna from the impact and I feel a pain surging throughout my body and I blackout instantly. 

Chapter five. Chapter seven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.