The Bandit Group.




2.    The Bandit Group.

-Tom´s point of view-

I’m exhausted, our last job was supposed to be an easy carriage attack but they had a guard with them in disguise and he put up a good fight against us. At least the loot was better than normal but that just meant more carrying for me, I am always getting the shittiest jobs and everyone treats me like an errand boy around here just because I’m the newest one here.

“Listen up men, today was tougher than it was supposed to be so you can have the rest of the day free. We will divide the loot tomorrow so have fun tonight. Oh, one more thing, Tom go check up on Greg he didn’t show up today and I want to know why.”

Just great, everyone gets a free night off and I get to run an errand. That bastard Greg has his life made already, he has a house, a woman and a kid. Still he just fools around, skipping work to drink all day, if he wasn’t one of the older bandits he would have been kicked out already. That fuckers house just has to be so far away too, I swear one of these days ill kill that bastard and have fun with his woman.
Finally, I made it to his house, well it almost looks more like a shack than a house but it’s still more luxurious than what I have. I must sleep in the base, in a small room with three other guys. I knock on the door.

“Greg why weren’t you in the raid? Hey Greg, are you there?”

I knock on the door with more force but there is no answer. I try to look inside the window but its pitch dark in there. There is no way I can just go back without knowing why he was absent, it was a direct order from the leader after all.

“Greg I’m coming inside if you don’t answer.”

I wait a bit before opening the door, the smell that came inside made me throw up even though I am used to bad smells.
I open the door fully and step back so the smell is lessened. I look inside and see an empty kitchen and a closed door to the bedroom.
What the hell could smell so bad in there? Did he kill an animal and brought it inside his home? How stupid can you be? I breath into my sleeve and go inside the house. I walk to the door and open it, another wave of horrible smell came from the room and I see a man on the floor covered in blood, his guts are all over his body and his throat was cut open. I stand there frozen in shock looking at the dead body of Greg who was killed brutally. My eyes wander toward the bed that is red from blood and I see another body behind the bed.  It looks like a woman’s body, I hear a creak behind me and I start turning but I feel a sharp blade go through my neck, and a force knocks me on the floor. I feel the blood surging from my neck and the pain makes me go into shock, I can’t move and I feel the blade leaving my neck but it stabs my neck again.

That surprised me, for once I was sleeping peacefully and then someone came to interrupt my sleep.  I guess I must take care of them all if I want to sleep well, I need to eat first though. Let’s see what is left here, few pieces of dried meat in the shelf and nothing more. Well I can always eat their food after I have killed them, this meat tastes amazing. I should see if there is anything useful here before I leave, I walk into the bedroom and step over father’s body. I check the closet but it only has clothes inside, I open the trunk by the bed and I find fathers bandit gear. Clothes were too big for me so I only took a dagger and a black bandanna, I close the trunk and take the knife with me too. I step out of the house and the light is blinding even though the sun is setting already, the air is so refreshing and the outside smells heavenly. I walk ahead and notice that the ground feels so soft and the grass is tickling my feet, after walking through the woods for a while I see a cave entrance that is not easily seen with the vines covering it. I walk quietly to the entrance.

“What are you doing kid? Why are you covered in blood?”

There was a guard behind the vines and now he is coming closer with his dagger out, if I don’t tell him something he might kill me.

“There was a man killing my family and I was able to escape barely thanks to the guy who came looking for my dad but he is still following me.”
“Is he how close? Give me that dagger and stay behind me, if I say so go to the cave and tell the others about this.”

I hand him my dagger and go behind him, I take out the knife from back side of the waistband and stab his neck till he dies. I take back my dagger from his hand and proceed in to the cave.

After I pass an empty room that had clothes all around it I start hearing noises deeper in the cave, I walk deeper in the cave until I see the passage widen. I go a little bit closer and see a wide area where there are few table and eight men around the tables drinking and eating.

I can’t kill them nor can I fool them like I did last time, I’ll have to wait till they are sleeping, father often fell asleep quickly in the evening after drinking. There were times when he got violent instead of sleeping too but either one is fine here.

I go back to the empty room and wait until the voices get quiet, I walk to the wide area and walk quietly past the mess from the night. I see the passage get narrow again and lead even deeper in the cave, there are two doors in the wide area, one on the left side and one on the right side of the area.

I open the left side door and see a small dark room with three guys sleeping under thin blankets on the floor, I cannot kill them fast enough to not wake them up. I think for a while and then I got a thought, what if I pulled them outside the room, far enough so they can’t hear him and then kill them one by one in their sleep.

I walk next to the closest man, I look at the snoring man in front of me his unkempt beard, dirty cloths and large belly but I didn’t feel anything. I grab his arm and slowly pull him from the room, he feels so heavy and it takes such a long time to pull him to the first room. I put a sleeve from a jacket inside his mouth and stab his neck with my dagger, he screams but the sleeve muffles his voice and after I stab him few more times he quiets down.

I do the same with the second guy but the dragging drained my energy, I decide to kill the last guy in the room. I take a jacket with me and go to the small room, I close the door and kill him with no problems. I sit down to catch my breath, after a small break I go to the other door open it and see four men sleeping.

There is one younger man there who didn’t look like the others, I decide to kill him last without dragging him. I drag the other three one by one and kill them all the time keeping an eye on the young one but he didn’t wake up.

I take the dagger and the knife and stab both in his neck at the same time, he wakes up instantly and throws me away. His force was weak so I could immediately stab him in the chest with both blades, he tries to push me away but its weaker this time. He tries to stop the bleeding with his hands and I just circle behind him and stab his neck and he dies.

Phew, that scared me, this would be impossible if they weren’t sleeping, I need deal with everyone inside tonight so I can ambush people who come in the morning if there is anyone who doesn’t live here like my father.

After a break, I stand up and continue along the path, soon I come to a dead end with three doors next to each other. I open the door to the left and see a small room filled with boxes, I turn back and start to open the middle door.

“Who is there? Is that you Tom? What the hell took you so long, its already the middle of the night.”

I go to the left door and close it quietly

“Why aren’t you answering? If you don’t answer right now I’ll come and beat you senseless. All right it’s your funeral.”

I hear footsteps from the next room and then the opening of the door.

“Why are you running away from me? It is only going make the punishment harder on you.”

As I hear him walk away I slowly open the door and silently run after him, I catch up to him without him noticing me I jump at him and try to stab his neck but the knife misses and the dagger only scratches him.

“What the hell!” Yells the man and turns around.
“How did a little kid like you get past the guard?”

I waste no time and jump at his chest, he puts up his arm to shield himself but the blades sink into the arm.

“I’ll kill you, you bastard.”


I pull the dagger and the knife out of the arm, and try to stab him again but he hits me with his left arm. I stagger backwards but don’t lose my balance, I look up and see him holding his neck with his left arm. He starts running at me and kicks me, I stab his leg at the same time and then I get knocked back by the force. I hit the ground but the pain is nothing compared what I’ve gotten used to, I stand back up.

The man is bleeding a lot but he is still standing, he is cursing a lot and it looks like he is in excruciating pain. I run at him again, he tries to hit me with his left arm but I dodge it this time and stab his stomach with both blades. He falls with me on top of him and I keep stabbing him until he doesn’t move anymore.

I collapse on the floor from exhaustion, no, I shouldn’t fall asleep yet if someone comes in the morning they will kill me. I fight the sleep with all my might but in the end I fall asleep on the cold floor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.