#15


#15

We finally managed to kill the giant creature. It turned out that it was a giant turtle like creature. Our first attack on it did nothing to it. Not only was its shell really hard, even its legs which are supposed to be the weak point were tough.

We kept attacking one of its legs after our ambush, but it felt like cutting a tree with a rusty axe. Sure, we left some marks and scratches, but we couldn’t even make it bleed.

I tried using fire magic on its leg, but it didn’t seem effective. Then the skeleton used his new magic. Something black condensed on skeletons arms and when he cut with it, he actually got through.

There was blood. Then the turtle got mad. Skeleton almost got squashed under the turtles’ foot. We all retreated for a moment to ponder what we should do.

The turtle didn’t follow us. It wasn’t truly angry about getting wounded. Probably just annoyed. It kept calmly walking toward the elven forest after we left it alone.

The elf that was with us started panicking and told us to fight it again. I told him that we need to plan things before doing anything or it will be useless.

I told them that it should be weak on the inside of its shell but getting through the shell will probably near impossible. Going inside its mouth would probably not work either since it eats trees so it must be protected inside as well.

We ended up with a plan where the skeleton goes on top of it and tries to get a hole in its shell while we distract it. Just as we were about to leave Layla offered to help us.

I asked her why she would want to help us, and she said that she wants the elf princess to suffer with her. Losing their forest isn’t bad enough apparently.
I still want to disagree with that, but I was happy to get all the help as I could, so I didn’t question it.

All of us except the skeleton started to attack its wounded leg again and it got angry quickly. It tried to stomp on us or squash us with its mouth, but we expected it and easily evaded the attacks.

It quickly became night though and we couldn’t see anything. I had to stop attacking the turtle to keep my fire magic going so we could see something.

We kept fighting for hours and everyone was exhausted. Just when we were about to fall back to get back our strength the skeleton yelled that he got through.

I quickly got up on the turtle and headed to where the skeleton was. He showed where the hole is, and I blasted it with fire. The turtle started freaking out then and it was hard to stay on top of it.

Luckily the skeleton kept me in place, so I didn’t have to worry about it. After a while it collapsed on the ground and after that it didn’t move at all.

The smell that came from the hole was wonderful. It still is. I am so sad that we can’t eat it. I want to eat it. It must be delicious.

The most skeleton can do is cut pieces of the outer skin but to penetrate completely inside it would require a lot of time and effort. Cutting a big enough hole in the shell is even harder.

All we can do is give up on the turtle meat and go get my elf. Unless the elves can get the meat somehow.

I need to ask them that when we get back. I can’t wait. Literally. I am sure we have rested enough.

---

We haven’t rested enough apparently. My group members need to get stronger.

That reminds me, it is surprising to see such a tough monster here, but my guess is that it has been alive for ages and it has gradually grown stronger.

Eating trees probably made it even more durable than what it would have been if it ate something else.


#14 #16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.