#17


#17

Things have been pretty uneventful lately. No big monsters that needed me to fight them. No villages that needed rescuing. Actually, there hasn’t been any villages on our path. If I try asking the elf about nearby villages or things like that, she just ignores me. She also ignores me if I try asking her about herbs and minerals so I can’t advance my research either.

Well I still try mixing things randomly from time to time but with unknown herbs I don’t dare try them out on myself or others here. I do try them out on the beasts that we encounter but unless the effect is quick and big enough for us to see then we get nothing out of it.

There have been some interesting results such as color change or fur growth or loss. I have been marking down the herbs and mixes that produce results, but it would be nice if I could learn more.

I have been thinking about taking with us a small pet which I could use for experiments. That way we could see if there are any long-term effects.

Our fights with normal beasts have been boring as well. They are not strong enough for me to help and they aren’t even strong enough to fight Rann Tefa and skeleton. Their teamwork is great, and they have gotten stronger. Especially after the turtle fight.
It is a shame that Layla isn’t fighting with them. She has been getting a bit   friendlier with the others but not enough to work together apparently. They have small conversations nowadays but there is still tension between them.

The elf on the other hand is just ignoring everyone. She doesn’t even say anything when Layla says some mean things to her. She is visibly bothered by them though.

If I try to mediate between them, they just glare at me and walk away.

I still remember the times when Rann and the skeleton didn’t get a long and look at them now. I am sure we will all get along sooner or later. I also remember that I should come up with a name for the skeleton. Oh yeah, I still don’t know the name of the elf either.

Well even if I asked her, I’m sure she wouldn’t answer. Honestly, I like Laylas attitude more than hers. She might say some bad things but at least she says them. We can have a conversation and try to understand each other. I will at least get to know more about her if nothing else.

Then again everyone is different, and I cannot force things. She can stay quiet all the time if she wants.

One nice thing about her is that she can find great vegetables on the way and she shares them as well.

Our meals got pretty heavy on the meat side since none of us knew what vegetables were edible around here, so it honestly is a nice change of pace.


#16 #18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.