Riding a dragon


15. Riding a dragon.

I wake up in my room and get up from the bed, next to the door I see there is a brand-new armor on the ground. The black armor had light purple spots on it making it look awfully cute despite the menacing black color.

I go to the armor that I assume is my new one and put it on, the metal feels durable and it is well made so it is nice to touch it, the weight feels good as it is not too heavy nor too light.

I sense something from the armor and try to use some healing magic on it but there is no effect, I think I should ask the blacksmith about it but If I had to guess it would be that it is made with magical metal and it has a property that should help protect me better.

I walk out of the room and Luna is waiting for me outside my room, despite what she said about taking what ever we need from the blacksmith it seems she doesn’t have any new equipment on her.

“Others are already outside, I was going to wake you up soon if you wouldn’t have woken up. Our ride is about to come so we can depart soon, make sure you thank Alice by the way. She used her rare metals and made that with the help of the blacksmith during the night.”

“That idiot, she shouldn’t have used them for me. I will give this back to her.”

I start walking toward the door, but Lunas hand stops me.

“Just take it, she wouldn’t have done this if she didn’t want to and honestly we need you to be safe. Besides you know how she is, she won’t take it back no matter how hard you try.”

I sigh as I recall my long history with Alice, she is normally easy to deal with but with certain things she is unpersuadable.
“Fine. We have important thing ahead of us, so I am willing to carry this debt with me.”

“You are growing more mature.”

“You are growing too mature.” 

“Can you ever be too mature?”

“Yes.”

I walk to the door and open it, in the yard there are the rest of our group with their stuff and a large group of dragonnier people including the grand mage in her blue robe, she also has a large staff with her and on the tip, there is a small blue gem imbedded in the staff.

I walk to Alice that looks like she hasn’t slept at all last night and hug her.

“You need to think about yourself and not me.”

“I am thinking about me, if you are safe you can protect me, and I will be safe too. Besides the metals are heavy to carry and I don’t do much with them, so it is better to use them here than to just drag them around all the time.”

I release her from the hug and step back.

“Thank you for this gift, I love it.” I say and smile to Alice.

“You are welcome.” Alice says and smiles back.

I say good morning to everyone and go to the grand mage, she is standing alone and looking at the sky.

“Good morning grand mage, can we talk a bit about our healing magic and the goddess you mentioned yesterday.”

“We can talk on the way Melissa, she is arriving now.”

I turn around and look at the blue sky, there are few white clouds here and there and the sun is about to rise. In one of the clouds I can see a small black dot moving a little. 

Quickly the dot starts to grow bigger and soon everyone was looking at the sky as the grand red dragon was flying toward us with great speed.

As it flew closer the form of the dragon kept getting bigger until it was so close that it had to slow down so it could land.

The dragon wings created a huge air pressure as the dragon flapped its wings to slow down. I crouched down and put my head down, so I won’t get blown away by the wind.

The ground cracked and shook as the dragon landed, the last gust of wind came and after that I look up to see the huge dragon right next to me. The dragons nail was on the same level as my head and looking up I couldn’t see the sky anymore as the dragon was blocking the view.

I look behind me to see the dragonnier people on one knee bowing to the dragon. The pressure the dragon emits is making me unable to move my muscles and all I can do is look at its immense size.

“Welcome back oh great ancestor, it is an honor to have you here.”

The sound of someone’s voice startled me and I look behind me to see the grand mage speaking standing up to the dragon.

“Yes, that is correct. Yes, that is right. These dwarves saved our lives and want to help. Yes, I can.”

Only the grand mage is speaking, and it would seem like she is having a conversation with someone, but no one is talking to her. Could the dragon communicate with her in some other way than talking?

The dragon started to move and it lowered itself lower and unfolded one of its wings.

“All right, it is time to depart, do you have everything with you?”

I take my stuff from Alice and nod my head.

“We are ready to go.” Luna informs the grand mage.

“Follow me then.”

The grand mage stands on top of the wing and starts walking on it toward the main body. Luna follows her, and I go after Luna. I step on the wing and it is surprisingly hard, also it is easy to walk on.

I walk carefully behind Luna as it is someone I’m on top of. Soon we reach the main body of the dragon. Its back is wide and on the center there goes a row of large scaly spikes.

The grand mage goes behind one of the spikes and rises her hands up.

“I will cast a wind barrier around four of the spikes, you best sit during the flight and two of you can fit on one of them. My wind barrier will block the wind, but you still need to be careful as the dragons body moves as it flies so you can easily drop down.”

I go sit next to Luna that went behind the grand mages spike the spike felt soft and not slippery, so it was enjoyable to touch. The others go sit behind us and soon I can feel wind circle around us.

“Ready.” The grand mage says.

As the grand mage said ready the dragon started to move, it rose and then it flapped its wings. With one push the dragon took to air and I feel the force try to move me backwards but the spike on my back is keeping me securely in one place.

The dragon kept rising until we were far up in the sky near the clouds, the view looks incredible from up here.

“Isn’t it beautiful?”  I ask Luna.

“It truly is, I couldn’t have imagined a world this big when I was still back home.”

“Do you feel intimidated? We have met many foes more powerful than ourselves during the short while we have been here, and the world is so large, so we will meet even more powerful beings in the future. Heck we are going to war with a skeleton lord that has lived for centuries and can control people and turn them against their own race.”

“Rather than intimidated I feel exited, it feels like there is an unlimited amount of anything I could ever want, especially knowledge and even most of it is still unexplored.”

“There is an unlimited amount of danger as well.”

“I have enjoyed my time here more than I did in my entire life back home. Even if I would have lived longer home I still couldn’t have had this amount of joy there.”

“Yeah, I really loved the time we spent here. I think we are similar in a way. We both want to explore new things.”

“Yeah, but I think that’s why I can’t agree with you sometimes, because we are so similar. I would understand if someone would disagree with me on something because they have their own view on the subject but with you we should have a similar view.”

“I guess even if it is similar it still is somehow different and that’s why there come times when we have to disagree.”

“It is still nice to have a friend that has a similar view point on things, you can relate to certain extent.”

“I think you and the grand mage could relate pretty well too.”

 Perhaps, I do need to talk to her about combat tactics during this flight.”



Luna appears to start thinking deeply, I remember that I had to talk to the grand mage about a lot of things. I stand up and walk to the grand mages spike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.