Crafting


6.    Crafting.



I get home and put down my poison vials on the kitchen counter, I want to test them on a few things but first I want to make another sword.

I spend a lot of time making the sword just like the first one, but it turned out to be a failure, the color didn’t change to black and there are no crystals either.

Did I not strike the same spot as the last time or was the amount of mana different? No, I memorized it perfectly, it shouldn’t have failed. Was there something I missed?

Something that was important, but I wasn’t aware of it? Aah I don’t know, I just do not know. Well ill leave it for now, the sword that I made even though it is no where near the one I made last time it is still a good sword that is imbued with mana.

The lean steel blade is resting on top of my hand and its weight feels nice, and the sharpness is much better than on the swords you can find in this city.

The color is at most places like a normal steel blade but at some parts there are small veins of green and blue color on the blade.

The imbued mana got a bit into the sword but its no where near the level of the other sword, but it is still the second-best sword I’ve made this far.

I wonder if I should name the black sword I made and this one, I thought that if I could make more of the same quality or even better than the other one then there would be no point naming it but if this is the best I can do then it is miraculous that I made the black sword.

Hmm, what should I name these. The... the black sword? No that is horrible. Maybe I will just ask Sarah or the orphans for name suggestions.

Oh, I could try to use the poison on the sword and see what happens if I imbue mana through the poison into the sword.

Imbuing mana is something I learned by myself after I started seeing mana in the air, I was fascinated by the see-through things moving around freely and randomly that I wanted to learn more about them.

When I was still living at my home country I could see mana, but it was a lot thicker than it is here and after few years of testing and trying to influence it I managed to move it a little bit.

Shortly after that I had to leave and as I kept coming closer to this place I noticed how much easier it is to control the mana around here, although my normal spells effectiveness is greatly lessened due to the thin mana.

Oh, I’ve been imbuing mana into the sword all this time through the poison, I better not overdo it, I have no idea what will happen after all.

I wipe away the poison from the sword with a towel and notice that the color has turned greenish.

Should I name this sword as the poison fang? But it is a sword not a fang, so it doesn’t really make sense. Hmm the green sword? Sigh I guess my naming sense is truly terrible.

Now it’s time to make a scabbard for the new sword, for the green fang? For the poison sword? For the new sword.

I have something I have been preparing and it should work well with this sword, there was a beast that attacked me when I left home, and I was a deadly battle because of its acid attacks.

I managed to barely beat it and took a piece of the hide with me because everything else was inedible or unusable and I didn’t want to leave empty handed.

I take the rest of the poison and pour it on the hide and start imbuing mana on it the hide turns from a yellowish brown to a yellowish brown with a hint of green.

I wonder if it did anything. I use earth magic to make a sharp rock and use it to cut the piece into the right size. I put the leather on top of itself and use the rock to make small holes in the leather.

I take thin and long strips of the same leather and use air magic to make it go from the holes and tie it together.

I use the fire magic to envelop the leather in flames and when I see it change color I stop and see that the color has turned into dark green and the inside is pure yellow.

I use water magic to envelop the scabbard in water and then I use air magic to dry it out. I touch the dark green leather and it feels though but flexible.
It slightly stings my finger, but it doesn’t affect clothes, so it doesn’t matter. I touch the inner side and the yellow thing is feels hard as a rock. I put the sword into the scabbard and it slides in smoothly.

It doesn’t feel too tight but there is no extra room and it doesn’t slide off the scabbard even it I keep it upside down.

I hear a growl sound and realize I haven’t eaten anything yet, I walk to the kitchen and grab a green apple and bite into it.

The sour freshness gushes in my mouth and the juices drip down my throat as I start chewing on the apple piece.

I finish the whole apple and as I am about to leave the kitchen I hear a knock on the door. I open it and see Sarah is here again.

“Hey, how has it been going?”

“Don’t hey me, just give me some food, I am dead tired.”

“What do you eat? Green apples?”

“No, I hate sour things, if you have something sweet that would be perfect.”

I do not have anything except apple or meat here. Oh yeah, I have heard that my blood tastes sweet because of the mana amount and the nutrients.

I use my fingernail to make a cut in my palm and the blood starts dripping from my hand.

“What are you doing!”

Sarah yells and looks shocked, maybe she doesn’t like blood.
“You said you wanted something sweet.”

“I didn’t mean your blood, just say you don’t have anything sweet and I would have eaten your apples!”

She yells at me while coming closer to me and grabbing my hand.
“You truly are stupid sometimes.” She says in a small voice.

She starts licking the wound and her warm breath feels ticklish on my hand.
I try to keep myself from flinching but even though I squeeze my leg with my other hand I still end up putting my fingers on her face.

“Sorry it was ticklish.” I try to explain.

She doesn’t react and keeps licking my hand, we stay like that for a moment until she has had enough.

“Why is your blood so good?” She asks perplexed.

“The mana amount is a lot higher in my blood than in yours, so it is probably because of that.”

“I might become addicted to the taste. Will you let me drink it if I want it again?”

“Certainly, I don’t mind.”

“Well it is too late, so I have to leave now, here is the money from todays hunt.”

She hands me bag filled with coins, I take it look inside, there are a lot of silver coins inside.

The white bunny girl starts walking away and she staggers, and I catch her before she hits the ground.

“How did I lose my balance like that, I feel like my head is spinning all of a sudden.”

“It is probably because of my blood; the mana amount is more than your body can handle normally so you probably fall asleep now.”

“I see, good night then.” She smiles and closes her eyes.

I carry her to the bed and go back to crafting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.