Change

7.    Change.


I feel a bit sleepy, but I still have a lot to do, I finish making a sheath for a dagger and I set it down next to me with the other dagger sheaths; I notice the ray of light coming in from the window.

It is morning already? I just started though, I need to wake Sarah up and see if there are any side effects from drinking my blood. There should only be positive effects to it, but it affects different races differently, so you can never be sure what happens when someone drinks it.

I walk to my bedroom and see something peculiar, instead of the normal white furred cute bunny girl there is a light red furred cute bunny girl sleeping on my bed.

I go closer and brush aside the fur on her cheek to see that the fur is whiter near the skin, but it is still reddish, she turns in her sleep and catches my hand.

I try to pull it away, but she holds it down with force and bites down on it, or so I thought but I cannot feel her teeth, only her warm breath and her wet tongue.

I tap her on the back of her head to wake her up and call out her name.

“I am still hungry, don’t take it away.” She mumbles while half asleep

I pull out my hand away from her clutches; she looks distressed for a second before opening her eyes slowly. She suddenly opens her eyes wide and she looks shocked.

She looks toward me and jumps back a bit, I feel a light sting from the reaction, but I smile warmly to her.

“Good morning Sarah how are you feeling?”

“I feel dizzy and embarrassed how are you feeling?”

“I am feeling sleepy and curious but that is not important, do not be alarmed but your fur color changed.”  

She looks down confusedly and looks at her arm, she moves it back and forth and then looks at her palm and moves her fingers.

She suddenly looks at with an angry look.

“Why am I red?” She asks with a cold tone.

“Drinking my blood probably changed you more than I thought it would, we should take it easy for now and check what other changes there has been; it might be dangerous to yourself or others if we do not know what you can do.”

“Do you have any idea how busy I am? I need to take care of my family which is probably worried sick because I didn’t return home yesterday after coming here. I need to go back right away.”

She quickly gets out of the bed but rams straight into the wall with high speed.

“What happened?” She asks while holding her nose.

“You probably became a lot stronger thanks to my blood too and you didn’t control your movements accordingly, this is exactly why you should be careful and examine what has changed within you.”

“All right fine but let’s do it quickly.”

“First of all, squeeze my hand as hard as you can.”

She takes my hand and squeezes it with all her might, I can even see how she is focused on the action. The force is greater than what it was before, but it is still nowhere near my own strength.

She probably is four times stronger now than what she was before and twice more powerful than the lizard soldiers of this city.

“All right, you are four times stronger physically than you were before so adjust it properly before touching anyone or even anything. Now try using magic.”

 She stares at me with a gaping mouth, but she soon snaps out of it and closes her eyes, before her magic was very weak and the only thing she could do is a little earth magic, but it was slow and incredibly inefficient.

She suddenly bursts on fire startling even me, she opens her eyes and starts panicking and stepping back; she hits the wall with her back and it starts to set on fire too.

I quickly use water magic to completely extinguish the flames. She is completely wet and terrified of what happened.

“It is all right Sarah, you are all right.” I say that to her while grabbing her shoulders.”

She looks at me and her breathing starts to calm down.

“How did it feel using magic and how did you burst into flames?”

“I felt like it was much faster and more fluid than before, I also felt that I could spread my mana to my skin or toward it at least and when I tried it I burst to flames.”

“Did it hurt or feel hot to you when you were wrapped in the flames?”

“No, I do not think so, I was so freaked out about it; I thought I was burning or something.”

“Let us try it again and this time just relax and tell me how it feels.”

She closes her eyes again and soon she bursts into flames again.

“How are you feeling? Open your eyes slowly and do not panic.”

“I feel like I need to focus on gathering mana and spreading it all over my body constantly to keep this up, but it doesn’t feel impossible; I do not feel any heat either.”

She slowly opens her eyes; she looks like she is still scared but she is holding it in well.

“Do you feel the heat of the flames?” She asks with curiosity.

“Yes, for me it feels as hot as real flames maybe even hotter. Can you try to put more mana into it?”

“I can try, hold on.”

She closes her eyes again and soon the flames rise and increase in intensity. I put my hand on her shoulder, she opens her eyes quickly and looks surprised; the flames disappear around her.

“Sorry, the flames were starting to burn my ceiling; I also wanted to see if your clothes are still wet or did they dry out from the magic.”

“Now that you mention it I do feel a lot drier now than I did before.”

“Anyways, I think you can use other magic too now, but we should try it out thoroughly at some point outside the city. For now, just mind your strength and don’t burn down any places.”

“Was that it?”

“I think that is enough for you to safely go to your place and deal with the matters you need to, but as soon as you are done we need to go out of the city to test things out properly.”

“Oh, that is right, I will see you soon then.”

She starts walking toward the door past me, but I hear footsteps outside my house, A lot of them. I grab Sarah as she is about to pass me, and she gives out a small shriek.

“What are you doing? She asks bewildered.

“There are people outside and a lot of them, I doubt that they are here to talk.”

“Why would anyone try to come and kill you? They must be out of their minds.”

“Isn’t that what makes them dangerous?”

The front door opens and a fully armed lizard soldier charges in with a spear, there is a large group of soldiers behind him and they are all fully armed.

I use air magic to shut the door so no one else can get in and I barrier around the house with air magic too so they won’t break the windows or try to burn it down.

The soldier keeps running toward me with clear intention of killing me, I let Sarah go and step forward, so he couldn’t hurt Sarah even if he tried to.

I brush away the spear from his hands and it flies away and breaks into pieces, he quickly takes a dagger from behind his back and tries to slice my throat, but I easily grab his hand and squeeze hard enough to make him drop the dagger.

I use my other hand to grab his neck and rise him from the ground, he kicks me with both of his legs, but I can barely feel it. I tighten my grip and he quickly stops squirming.

“All right, now that you have calmed down a bit can you explain why tried to kill me?”

“By the order of the king I will kill you and all the impure beings that live here.”

He says with hatred in his eyes. He obviously seems like the type that would never give out any information to the enemy but luckily, he is stupid too.

By the sound of it this is serious, if the king ordered it then that means that the whole lizard army is here slaughtering everyone; the orphans are in grave danger.

I feel it getting hot here, I look behind me and see Sarah running past me.

“Sarah its dangerous out there!”

“My family is in danger, I have to go help them.”

She opens the door and pushes through the air barrier. I want to chase after her, but I am sure she can hold out on her own for a while; the orphans can’t defend themselves, so I need to go help them.

I break the soldiers neck and let him drop down on the floor; I go through the air magic barrier too and run past the soldiers that are waiting outside. I see a few on the ground with burn marks, Sarah will be all right I think.

Chapter six. Chapter eight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.