Leaving

8. Leaving

As I run through the streets I see the lizard man soldiers slaughtering everyone that live here, even the other lizardmen. I cut down the ones that are on my way, but I do not have the time to save them.

I quickly move to the place where the orphans are living, and I can hear sounds of battle from there. I run faster and get there in almost an instant.

I see Anna and Emma on the ground, they are both bleeding from deep cut wounds. The fox girl is in front of them fighting one soldier evenly, she is crying and screaming but she is still holding out against an adult lizard man that has been trained to fight.

The three-bat people are lying on the ground in a buddle of blood in the same corner they have always been. There are other children lying on the ground and another soldier chasing the rest of the children that are trying to run away.

I cut down the soldier that is fighting the fox girl as I run to the other soldier and cut down him before he swings down his sword toward a lizard man child.

The children notice me and see that they aren’t in danger anymore, they stop running and some collapse on the ground and start crying while some are looking at the scene in shock.

I turn back to go help Anna and Emma, the new girl is crying on top of Anna who has a deep cut from her shoulder to her waist. I gently push away the fox girl and cut myself with my sword.

I do not have any other way of trying to save them other than feeding them my blood and hoping that it helps them.

I hold my hand over her mouth and let my blood drip inside. I go to Emma who has a deep cut in both of her arms and left leg. I open her mouth and wait until enough blood has gotten in her mouth.

“Will that save them?” Fox girl asks in a quiet and shaking voice.

I look at her and see that she looks worried for them, she tries to stop crying and is just sniffling while wiping away her tears. She is covered in blood both from Anna and her own wounds.

“It will. Can you look after them until then? I need to go help the other children too.”

She looks relieved and then slightly nods. I get up and go to the other children who have been cut down. I pour my blood into their mouths one by one, but they are not looking good.

These are the ones that had given up on life mostly, they probably didn’t even resist or try to survive. At least they aren’t hurting anymore. I walk toward the group of children that were trying to run away from the other soldier.

Some turn to look toward me as I approach but some do not even notice me, they just keep crying on the ground.

“I need to go help Sarah now.”

As soon as I said that the everyone looked toward me with worry filled eyes. A few started to cry again.

“I would like you to help the ones that are hurt by holding down a piece of clothing on their wounds.”

A few of them nod while most look confused and worried and the rest just keep crying.  

“I will come back as soon as I can, and I will leave my sword with the fox girl, so she can protect you if any more soldiers come here.”

Some look a bit more relieved but a lot of them are still looking worried. I would like to reassure them more, but I am worried about Sarah now. I would have assumed that the adventurers guild would have solved this issue already.

Since they haven’t there must be something more to this. Adventurers guild should have enough strength to go against the whole country. I can’t even imagine what would give them this much trouble.

I go to the fox girl and hand her my sword.

“Use this to protect the people here.”

She looks at me with tear filled eyes and reaches out for the sword with shaking hands.

“I will try.” She says quietly.

I leave the children behind and start to run toward the place where Sarah lives. I think I should check up on the adventurers guild on my way. I could learn something about the situation which is important.

I run through the blood-soaked streets and deal with the soldiers that I come across. I quickly get to the adventurers guild and see a large amount of lizard soldiers surrounding the elven guild master.

She is fighting one lizard man that has a deep green full plate armor and a golden sword. His eyes are shining with red and near his eyes there are black streaks going along his face.

The guild master is badly wounded, but she still keeps fighting him, she looks at him in anger and charges toward him. She starts glowing with green light and a sword like thing appears in her hand.

She strikes at the lizard man with it, but it gets blocked. They are in a deadlock but the lizard soldiers around her charge at her and strike down with their weapons.

The weapons make small cuts on her and the light covering her gets dimmer. She starts to get pushed back by the lizard with the armor and she disengages and swings her blade while jumping backwards.

Few of the lizard soldiers get hit and fall on the ground but the guild master is not looking good. She is breathing heavily and bleeding from her wounds. 

The lizard with the armor and the red eyes feels immensely powerful which is strange since he is only a lizard man. I think it would be an even fight if it was one on one between me and him but that is if I have my black sword.

No, I should beat him with my sword in a one on one fight, but it is a close fight. Without my sword I cannot beat him, especially if he has all these soldiers fighting with him.

The guild master looks pretty worn out, so we cannot fight him even if there are two of us. I should just save her and run away, get Sarah and the children and leave the city.

I concentrate on the mana flow and create a huge air wave, I release it toward the fight and jump with it toward the guild master. The soldiers hit by the air wave lose their balance and roll around on the ground.

The guild master and the lizard man look toward me, and the guild master looks shocked, but the lizard mans face does not move at all. He can’t get to us since there are lizard man soldiers on the ground in front of him.

I grab the guild master in my arms and jump again to get away from the lizard man. I keep looking back as I run away but he is not following us. It would be a tough fight between us if he came alone and he probably didn’t want to take that chance.

I hear cheering sounds from behind us, but I ignore them and look at the elf in my arms.

“What is happening here?” I ask the wounded elf.

“The lizard man king, the one with the glowing red eyes ordered his army to wipe out this part of the city. He is much stronger than he was before. Everyone else died, even Benma.” Her voice trails off in the end.

“Can you go protect the orphans until I come back? I left my sword with one of them, but she cannot do anything against the king or even against a few soldiers.”

“Yes, my recovery speed is fast and if I have your sword I should be able to hold against them all for a while.”

I stop and let the elf down from my arms.

“Come quickly.” She says in an almost undetectable voice as she runs away. 
I nod and turn the other way and start running again. After a few seconds I see some smoke in the direction I am heading to. It should have something to do with Sarah.

I quicken my pace and soon I can see a huge fire which is spreading quickly. I run in between the burning buildings and I can see a big flame area in front of me.

Inside there is a shape of a bunny girl on her knees holding something. I run into the center of the flames and see her crying with a burnt corpse on her lap.

I don’t see how I could make her calm down quickly, so I knock her out and the flames disappear near her. I lift her up on my left shoulder and start running toward the orphans.

I deal with any soldier with my right hand that isn’t holding Sarah and quickly get to the orphans. The elf is on the look out with my sword and there are many lizard man soldier bodies on the ground.

“How many of the children are still alive?” I ask the elf quietly so no one else can hear it.

One bat person survived, and two cat people also survived out of the ones that had been wounded when I got here. No one else died thanks to the fox girl that was protecting them.

“Carry the two cat girls that and I will carry the bat person and Sarah. Fox girl, you need to carry the sword.”

The elf hands the fox girl the sword and picks up the cat girls I pick up the bat person who is light compared to Sarah.

“Come with me children if you want to live. The king of this country wants everyone here dead, so we need to leave.”

No one says anything but some nod slightly and I just turn around and walk towards the outside gate.

Chapter seven. Chapter nine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.