Start of a journey

9. Start of a journey.

When we get to the gate two lizard men guards with spears try to stop us. I kick the spear from the other one and it breaks into small pieces, I spin around and kick the lizard guard in the chest and he flies into the gate and crashes into it.

I see something run past me on the right and before I can react the fox girl charges to the other guard with my black sword. She pushes away the spear and jumps into the guard with the sword pointed to his chest and it pierces through it staining the sword in fresh blood, they both fall to the ground but only the fox girl gets up.

I am glad that she is all right but that could have been dangerous, if it was any other sword, she couldn’t have gone through the defenses of the lizard guards chain vest and his thick skin. Well the whole situation is already dangerous, but I could have handled both guards while carrying the bat person and Sarah.

She pulls the sword free from the guards’ chest and wipes the blood on his clothes. I walk up to the small door next to the gate and kick it open. The wood parts of it gets obliterated and the metal parts are greatly twisted.

I go through the door and look back to see if everyone was still here. The fox girl comes through the door first with my black sword, her fur is messy and stained in dry and wet blood. She has a concentrated angry look on her as she looks at me.

The next one to come through is the lynx girl, her black and white ears are pointing downs wards as she looks at the ground with tears in her eyes, her white fur with a tinge of orange is dirty looking and there are patches where there is no fur at all but there is almost no blood on her.

After her comes the two lizard orphans that are still alive, their light green scaly skin is covered in dry blood and they look scared and sad, but they still look toward me as they walk.

Behind them walks the one whose race is unknown, I never asked about its gender either. It has a completely black smooth skin and black short hair, if its face didn’t look so thin and frail, I would assume that it is a boy. Its face doesn’t show much emotion now and its eyes are dead looking.

Lastly comes the elf carrying Anna and Emma, Anna has a peach colored fur everywhere but her face which has dark fur, but her fur right now is a complete mess, bunch of it is sticking together because of the dried-out blood and its thin at many places.

Emmas dark blue fur is not much better or it might just look like that because it is a darker color.

I turn around to look at the close by forest that is filled with green trees. Going to the south is not the safest option but for now it’s the easiest way to get away from the lizard men.

I can handle most of them, but their king was weirdly powerful, normal soldiers could be troublesome too if they do sneak attacks or surround us. I cannot keep an eye on all of them all the time nor can I protect them all at the same time.

I walk into the forest and the ground feels soft from the grass.

“We will be safe in the forest since they can’t find us easily there.”

I keep walking deeper into the forest as I say that. I cannot hear a response, so I glance back to see what is going on.

Everyone is still there but no one seems to have heard what I said. I guess that is normal for a situation like this.

As we go deeper into the forest it starts getting darker from the shades of the trees, but the light that gets through is still as bright as ever.

The number of trees is rising quickly inside the forest and it gets darker and harder to move. There are also all kinds of thin and thick bushes which makes moving hard, especially for the kids.

“Fox girl, can you clear some of the bushes with the sword, so it will be easier to walk?”

She doesn’t say anything as she steps forward and starts hacking the bushes with the sword.

The ground is getting softer and softer as we head deeper into the forest and the light is getting weaker. We have walked a long time already, so I think that it is getting late.

“Let’s stop here, we need to get ready for the night. Those who can should look for twigs and other things that we can burn. I will try to find us something to eat.”

I put down Sarah and the bat person on the ground and look at what the others are doing. The elf puts down Anna and Emma next to Sarah and the bat person and the she glances toward me.

Her eyes are puffy and red, she must have cried the whole time we walked.

“I can find some herbs, berries and other things like that.”

She says as she wipes her eyes dry. 

I nod and look at the kids, the two lizard kids are on the ground already panting heavily. The trip must have been difficult for them. The lynx girl is sitting down looking down on the ground. The black one is moving away from us, I guess it still has energy to move around still.

The fox girl also moves away from us while picking small twigs from the ground. It must be difficult to carry and gather things while holding a sword, but it doesn’t look like she wants to put the sword down.

I turn around and start heading the way we came from, when I am out of sight I start running. I get to the edge of the forest quite quickly and I can see that there are lots of lizard men soldiers around the gate.

It doesn’t look like they will try to come after us but going back to my house would be difficult. I could just go through all the soldiers and quickly get my stuff and get out but if the king is nearby it could be dangerous. 

Especially since I don’t have my sword with me, I guess I just must forget about my old things.

I will need to hunt something to get anything to eat. I run back to the deeper forest and start moving quietly so I don’t scare away the prey.

Chapter eight. Chapter ten.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.