Recovering


14. Recovering 

Wet and ticklish feeling keeps brushing against me, I focus to find what part of my body is experiencing this. I quickly understand that it is happening on my cheek.

I open my eyes and try to move my head to see what is happening but the instant I move a bit an intense pain shoots through my body. Tears form in my eyes blurring my vision.

I do not want to feel this pain again, for a moment I had been able to forget it but now it is as painful as it was before.

I turn my head to at least know what was happening to me that caused me to wake up. The piercing pain courses through my upper body as I turn my head to see a ball of white fur running away from me with great speed.

After running so far that I can barely see it, it stops and turns this way. I can see some kind of ears on its head but other than that they are long and thin with some reddish color inside them I can’t clearly see them. 

I do not know what kind of a beast that is, Alessa did not tell me about such a small furry creature. It looks weak. How does a weak creature like that survive in this dangerous forest?

I wonder how it would taste if I ate it, how am I feeling so hungry? Before I could survive for a long time with no food but now I have been eating so much all kinds of things.

Yes, there shouldn’t be a problem with not eating anything for a long time even though I am hungry.
The ground is cold, the coldness is spreading through my body. I glance at the beras next to me, I must have fallen off it while I slept. How did I not wake up from it?

Maybe I slid off slowly so there was no pain. Should I get on it again? Climb on top of it properly so I will stay on it even if I fall asleep?

The pain would be horrible. If I stay here, then I will only be cold but if I tried getting on it I do not know if I can handle the intense pain. What if I fall of while trying to climb it? Too dangerous, even the smallest movement would cause me to cry in pain but if there was an impact, especially on my wound, I can’t even imagine the amount of pain I would feel.

I wonder how my wound is doing, I wish I could turn my head to the other side and see but it is better if I do not.

Hmm? The ball of fur is slowly coming this way. Why? Is it not afraid of me? No, it should be since it ran away before. It is also coming here slowly so it must be afraid. Why is it coming here if it is afraid? Does it want to eat me? Kill me?

Why didn’t it do that when I was sleeping? Did it run out of time? What should I do when it comes? Try to kill it? It will be painful to just move. If I miss and have to try again I couldn’t handle it.

I will just wait and see, if it gets dangerous then I will kill it but if not then I don’t care what happens. 
The ball of fur has gotten close, I can see its face. It has small beady black eyes and a weird looking mouth. I don’t see a nose on it. What an odd creature.

It comes close to my face very slowly, I do not move at all, so I won’t feel any more pain. when it finally gets near my face it starts licking it. It feels wet and ticklish and the fur around its face is soft and ticklish too.

I lay there without moving and endure the ball of furs licking. It moves about slowly and changes the spot occasionally. I can feel the heat from its body and after some time it stops licking me and moves its body next to my face.

The warmth of its body feels good, but its fur is near my mouth and it is hard to breath. Thankfully it isn’t that close to my mouth, so I can still do it, but it still makes it harder.

I lay there just breathing and wondering what the ball of fur is trying to do when I start feeling tired again. I close my eyes and fall back to sleep.

I open my eyes to see the ball of fur close by eating grass. I don’t understand this creature. It is not trying to harm me. What is it trying to do then?

Well as long as there is no danger I do not have to worry. Should I try to eat the grass too?
No, I shouldn’t. The pain from hunger is not as bad as the pain from moving. I wonder how long I need to stay here until the pain goes away. Should I just get up and try to go back while trying to ignore the pain?

I shouldn’t, I do not know the way back and I might find another monster and I would have to fight it in this state.

If I get really hungry I could just, try to eat the grass like the ball of fur is doing. If I get too cold I could get on the beras. If there are no dangers here I should stay until I get better.

The ball of fur jumps lightly from place to place to eat more grass, every time it eats its mouth moves quickly.

It looks at me as it eats the grass and it starts moving towards me with small hops. It gets close to my face again and starts licking it.

It is wet and ticklish, but I do not mind it. It spends a lot of time licking my face and only when it is getting darker it stops. It moves close to my face again and stops moving.

I start feeling tired again but suddenly the warmth and softness of the ball of fur moves away from my face. I open my eyes again to see it being way taller than it was before.

I can see two small paws on its body and its ears are pointing as upwards as possible. It is looking at somewhere, but I can’t see where.

It is in that position for a while before shuddering and then it turns to me for a moment before starting to run to the opposite direction of where it was looking at before.

Why did it run away suddenly? As I start thinking about it I can feel the ground shake lightly.

Chapter thirteen. Chapter fifteen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.