Down underground

15. Down underground

I turn my head toward the sound and see the trees tops sway to the side as something is moving toward me. The tremors are getting closer and I don’t feel good about it. Something that can make the trees move and even fall down like that should be massive.

I start getting up even though my whole body feels weak and every move I make hurts a lot. Get on my feet with effort and wobbly walk behind the beras and take the hilt of my sword with both of my hands and pull with all my strength.

The sword comes out easily and blood spurts with it. I go next to the beras and pick up my dagger with my left and put it between my back and pants.

I look to the direction of the noise and see that the nearby trees are getting knocked down. The tremor that is coming is so great that it shakes my body.

I can see the creature behind the trees and it looks like its three times the size of the beras I killed.
It also has fur and it walks on four limbs. It looks like the beras but its fur is darker and it has spots on its fur that are light brown and it looks sturdy. Without these spots I would think it is an older beras but I wonder if its different because of them?

I notice that I have backed away from the beras I killed and there is some distance between me and it. Am I that scared of the creature in front of me?

Wasn’t I supposed to stop running no matter what? Even if I would die, I shouldn’t back out?  I grip my sword with both hands as tightly as I can and step forward. The big creature is next to the beras and its poking its head with its own head gently.

There is quiet voice coming from the big creature as it starts licking the beras´ face, I have a weird feeling as I look at the scene, but I take another step toward them.

The big creature looks my way quickly as the look on its face changes. I stop moving and hold my breath. Why? I sho..

The big creature opens its mouth and a growl so loud comes from it that I can barely stay on my feet.
It walks closer to me, but I can’t do anything, I can’t even breath. I try to move my legs, but nothing happens. I try to move my hands, but I can’t move them either. The big creature is so close to me that I can smell its breath and see its wet and bloodshot eyes.

Its height is so great that as it comes closer, I can’t even see its face anymore since I can’t turn my head to look up. If I don’t move my hands and fight against him, I will die.

I start to panic and do use all my strength to try move my arms. Nothing happens so I try even harder and grit my teeth as hard as I can.

My sword sways a bit as my hands are starting to move a bit. It feels so sluggish to move them though. I raise my sword up to the towering creature and as try my hardest to look up something flashes across my vision and I lose the feeling in my arms.

I look back down and see that my sword has disappeared. I feel light headed as I look again and see that I am still holding on to the hilt of the sword, but the blade has been severed off.

I feel something warm go down my legs and I realize that I cannot do anything against the big creature. Even if I run, I can’t survive against it, even if I fight, I cannot even cut a single fur on its body.

I don’t want to die. I don’t want to die. I move my legs to jump backwards. Something blurry goes past my eyes and I feel a sharp pain in my face.

My face feels wet and warm and something is getting in my eyes. My body hits the ground and I start rolling away as I hit the ground. After a few rolls I feel like I’m not going fast enough so I scramble to my feet and start running.

I try to wipe away the liquid that is getting into my eyes but there is so much of it, so I can’t see ahead properly, I try to squint my eyes, so I could see better but all I can see are the blurry lines of the trees that are in front of me.

I hear a loud growl behind me and heavy things hitting the ground, but I just keep running as quickly as I can. I even throw away the hilt of the sword from my left hand, so I can run away faster. 

I run past the trees as fast as I can and as close to the trees as I can to slow down the big creature with them. I try to grab and push away from the trees to move even a little bit quicker. 

I can hear the big creature catching up to me. I can’t outrun it. I push with my legs with all my might with every step hoping that it would make me go further away. I try to move my legs even faster, so I could outrun the creature.

My left leg hits something hard, I fly in the air for a little bit before hitting the ground, I roll as soon as I can, but something hits my leg and there is an immense pain from it.

I can’t move my leg anymore, so I try to crawl on the ground dragging my left leg with me. There is something little and white in front of me. I move toward it as fast as I can, but it disappears as I almost reach it. I go further a little bit more before my vision goes dark and I feel weightless.


Chapter fourteen. Chapter sixteen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.