#8


#8

They finally healed enough for them to teach me about different herbs and their effects. There are a lot of different kinds and most are similar to what we have in earth.

If eaten they are good for you. Some taste good and some don’t. Some you can’t eat but applied in wounds they help keep it clean and make the healing process quicker.

Rann and Tefa couldn’t explain how they work or why. They only had knowledge on the effects and how to use them. The skeleton on the other hand had studied some herbs quite a bit and how they affect mana.

He explained that some of the herbs can make mana in your body move faster or help absorb the mana from the outside world.

He said that its because the herb impacts the mana inside of you in a certain way which has beneficial effects, but he hasn’t studied it enough to know more.

He also ran out of test subjects so the research on that didn’t advance that much.

There were also herbs that had the opposite effect which could be useful if we could feed it to our enemies but the effects on these herbs are minimal.

The northern herbs that Rann knew about had no mana in them. They were just normal herbs, same kind I could find back in earth. Well there were some differences but similar at the least.

Tefa knew about herbs that have mana in them and how they helped with your health or recovery.

Tefas tribe stayed away from the herbs that dealt with mana since they weren’t clear on what they did.

Now I know how to identify the herbs around here but since the effects are minimal it isn’t as exciting as I thought it would be. All I could think of was to gather a big bunch of some beneficial herbs and then squeeze out any juices that come from them and mix it with water.

It might create a potion that has bigger and faster affects than just eating a single herb or putting it on your wound.

One good thing about them is that they can really help with the taste of cooking. Now that we all know the characteristics of the herbs, we decided to look out for them and pick up everything we find.
There was talk about mushrooms and berries, but no one knew much about them. They were considered dangerous since some of them kill the people that eat them.

The skeleton thought about doing research on them but he wasn’t even finished with the herb research before his test subjects ran out, so he gave up.

They also knew nothing about minerals or blacksmithing in general, but I was kind of expecting that. I was just hoping that they might have some hidden knowledge about them.

Answer to all these problems is going more to the south where there is more mana which means more magical herbs and minerals which means people that know how to find and use them.

Know how really is important though. No matter how powerful I am it would be impossible for me to learn all these things without putting myself in danger.

Being powerful is still even more important since I can find people that know about these things and I can protect them or get what they want which will make them want to help me with their knowledge.

Of course, since I am powerful, I could just make them help me, but I don’t like people who do that.

It just makes people angry and humiliated. Or fearful. If I make them do what I want, then they might submit unwillingly but they would backstab me when they get the chance.

Or they might try to get stronger so they could stand up to me and get revenge.

And even if they can’t then they would take it out on people that are weaker than them. Which would lead to a cycle where the weak are abused and taken advantage of and the strong take what they want, and it would be considered normal.

There are more important things that strength so if people only respect strength then people won’t pursue other things that much, for example researching herbs. Well you could become strong if you are an expert on herbs and can use that against other people, but I want people to not look down upon weak people.

They can get stronger; even if they don’t, they can be useful in other ways.

But the world I am in right now is dominated by the strong. It is also necessary here to some degree. Wild beasts are dangerous, and they can wipe out entire villages by themselves.

 Strength is required to survive here.


#7 #9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.