Susie and the snakes

16. Susie and the snakes. 

The snakes are coming toward me but there is no real danger. Even if it was the huge snake from before I could still beat it without my sword.

They start charging at me and I kill them as they come by slicing them with my hands.

There are a few at the back that didn’t attack me with the others. I should keep them alive and take them with me to let Susie get used to the snakes.

I finish killing the other snakes and head toward the few behind the other dead snakes.

They hiss at me and start slithering away. I easily catch them and lift them up on my left shoulder. I only have room for one per each shoulder so throw the two others on the ground and kill one of them. Then I take the other one from the ground and put it on top of my right shoulder.

They are quite heavy, but I can still carry them. They try to squirm out of my hold but since I am holding one with each hand, they can’t get free.

This should be enough meat to feed us all too so I should head back now.
The two snakes start wrapping themselves around my body. It feels a bit constricting, but it is nothing dangerous.

I quickly arrive near the place where the kids are. I should unwrap one of the snakes before I go back. If I don’t and Susie freaks out, she might cut me with the sword too.

She might not be that strong yet, but she did drink my blood and the black sword is special. It could honestly be pretty dangerous.

I could probably dodge but the snakes around me make moving a bit difficult and I am not sure if I could unwrap a snake while dodging.

If I try to keep Susie from attacking, then I couldn’t keep the snake under my control, and it might attack Susie.

Yes. Potentially very dangerous. Easily avoided too. I unwrap the snake on my right shoulder. It is a bit tricky since I can only use my right hand to do it and I need to release its head every time I use my right hand, so I must move quickly unless I want it biting me.

Of course, even if it does bite me it isn’t that big of a problem, but it might get stronger from my blood and then it would be useless as training for Susie.

They are strong enough already; I am not even sure if she can beat them the way they are now.

I managed to get the snake away from me. I let it go on the ground and then step on its head, so it doesn’t get away.

“Susie, come here.”

Should I have said, with the sword too? It might be a bit awkward if she doesn’t bring the sword with her. She never separates from it though. I am sure she will bring it with her even if I don’t tell her to.

I wait a bit and see Susie walk towards me through the trees. Luckily, she did bring the sword with her. I am glad. She will fight the snake with or without the sword probably and she really needs the sword to beat the snake.

At least I think so. Maybe she can beat the snake without it. I honestly don’t know how strong she is nowadays.

She did beat some lizard men soldiers before we entered the forest, but she should have gotten stronger since then.

She has eaten properly and moved around a lot since then. Before she barely ate anything, and she never moved either. Most of the children should have gotten healthier now that they are moving around and eating well.

Or rather they all should have gotten healthier.

Susie notices me and then almost instantly she notices the snake around me. 
She gets an angry look on her face and starts running toward while holding the sword high up like she is going to strike me down with it.

“Susie calm down.”

She doesn’t calm down. She keeps running towards me.

“I brought these snakes here so you can practice fighting them calmly. Can you calm down first before you fight them?”

She doesn’t respond and she is getting closer. She hasn’t even looked at the ground to see the other snake.

I can’t let it go free and hope that Susie notices it and fights against it rather than the one that is on me.

I guess I should have taken both of them off of me and then just toss one at her so she could fight it to her hearts content.

She strikes at me with the sword and I just dodge the strike with my upper body and grab her hands.

She struggles to get free fiercely. Its hard to keep her from getting free since I can only hold her hands with my right hand. I spin her around and hold her to my chest tightly.

“Susie. Look at the ground. There is a snake there that is under my foot. I will let you kill it without a fight. After that you need to calm down okay?”

I let Susie go and she stabs her sword at the snake on the ground. The snake starts squirming around fiercely before it stops moving.

I lift my leg and step back. Susie starts stabbing the snake angrily with the sword.

She quickly gets covered with the snakes’ blood, but she keeps stabbing it with the sword. I keep watching until she starts slowing down. She keeps crying and slowly stabbing the snake on top of it.

I go next to her and pet her head. She stops stabbing the snake and keeps crying on top of it while holding her head next to the sword.

I wish I knew what to say in this situation. All I can do is stay with her until she feels better.

It is starting to be really dark now. The kids wouldn’t be able to see in front of them when its this dark. Well at least the ones that doesn’t have special eyes thanks to their race.

Susie won’t be able to fight the other snake today. We can just eat the one she killed today and eat the other one tomorrow morning.

“Susie lets head back to the others.”

She slowly nods and gets up.

Chapter fifteen Chapter seventeen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.