Meal

20 Meal. 


Something is licking my face. It should be the fur ball again. I can keep sleeping right? What if it isn’t the fur ball? I might be in danger.  I can always just open my eyes to check.

If it is the fur ball, then I can go back to sleep. I open my eyes. It is the fur ball. I close my eyes.
It is dark. I want to sleep. I am so tired. I am also in pain. Hunger hurts. My body hurts too.

Even moving a little bit makes the pain a lot worse. I can’t sleep. I need to eat and get better.
I open my eyes again. Fur ball is still there. I am glad it is alright.

I look around and see the ant corpse next to me. I am still holding the dagger.

I need to eat this ant, but I don’t have fire. I also don’t have any way of making a fire. I need to eat it as it is. The taste won’t be good but that isn’t important right now.

I get up and pull my dagger free. Green spurt out from the wound. My dagger is covered in it. I carefully lick the dagger. The taste is still horrible. I lick the dagger clean.

My stomach hurts now. I don’t understand why it hurts after eating. I was hungry right? So, I need to eat right? Why does it hurt?

Everything just hurts.

I need to eat more. The outer shell of the ant looks hard. I knock on the shell and it makes a knocking sound. It is hard. I can’t eat the shell.

How will I eat the soft parts that are inside of it?

I need to somehow cut it open. There are soft parts where the shells are connected to each other. I wonder why. Wouldn’t it be better if the whole thing was hard? Then it would be completely protected.

I cut at the softer parts and it goes smoothly. Oh, my dagger stopped. There is something tougher here. I use more strength and it snaps through. Again, it is smooth to cut. There are a few more of the tougher parts but I quickly manage to get the shell out of the way.

It is all slimy inside; a lot of liquid and some meat pieces that are floating in the liquid.
I take on of the meat pieces in my hands. It is all slippery and smooth. It feels like there is more liquid inside it.

Can I eat this?

Maybe I should just stick to drinking the green liquid.

I put my face in the liquid and start sucking it in. It feels and tastes disgusting. I can’t see anything either.  

I drink a lot. My stomach hurts so much. How can it even hurt so much? The piercing pain I feel from my stomach is even bigger than what I felt when the fish bit me.

It still isn’t as painful as some of my other wounds. When... Yeah. It isn’t the worst pain.

I get out of the liquid and wipe my face clean with my hand, it feels slimy now.

The amount of liquid has gone down. There is still plenty left but it wont last forever.

I wonder if the fur ball would want some. The fur ball is just jumping around my leg.

I scoop out a handful of the green liquid and bring it near the fur ball.

It jumps near my hand and then it starts sniffing the liquid. Will it drink it?

I can feel its breath on my hand. It is a bit ticklish still. It suddenly licks the liquid.

Ah. It actually licked it. The fur ball licks the liquid again. And again. The fur ball really does like the liquid. I let it drink as much as it wants. The small tongue feels warm on my hand.

It drinks until there is almost no liquid in my hand. I lick the rest of it off my hand and clean my hand at the same time.

What should I do now? I probably should stay here for a while. I am not in the best condition. If I meet any big creatures, I couldn’t fight them at all. Even the ants were hard for me to kill.

I lay back on the ground. It is warm on the grass. There is a small breeze too. It feels nice. It is comfortable here. Even if I feel pain, I can still enjoy things. Maybe it doesn’t feel that bad since I am enjoying things.

Something climbs on top of me. I open my eyes and see that it’s the fur ball.

I close my eyes again.

It wouldn’t be bad if things were always like this. They won’t be. Forest is dangerous. Creatures are trying to kill each other. I need to kill them too to eat.

I either have to get strong enough so there is no danger for me or struggle for survival until I die.

I need to get stronger. I can’t help anyone either if I am not strong enough to do it.

I feel weak. How are others so strong? Can I even get stronger than them? Will I be stronger than the big creature?

Is it possible? I don’t know. It doesn’t feel possible. But. I didn’t die. If nothing else I am still alive. If I can live through that I can live through anything right?

I did get lucky though. The fur ball saved me too. I still have a chance of surviving anything.

Maybe I have a chance of defeating the big creature too. Maybe it has a weak spot like the ants have.

If I had found the weak spot and weakened it. I could have won right?

Especially if I get stronger. What can stop me then? Well many things but I should be fine.

Yes. I am fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.