Looking through the cave.






     3. Looking through the cave.

I wake up on the cold rock floor beside the dead body of the man I killed last night. I rise quickly and pain shoots through my body and I couldn’t even stand up. I look around while still sitting on the floor and see the same passage where I fought the man before falling asleep, I see blood on the floor here and there and I see the two open doors and a closed door to the right.

I drag myself next to the wall and take support from it as I force myself to stand up. Every step I take is heavy and various places hurt as I walk slowly to the room where the man came from. I step inside the room and see the desk in the middle of the room and a chair behind it, there is a bed in the far-right corner of the room and a chest in the near-right corner behind the door.
I turn around and walk slowly back to the entrance to wait for anyone who might show up late but I know that they should have come already if they were coming and I also know that I was saved because no one came while I was sleeping.

I Wait in hiding for a few hours to make sure no one was coming then I finally breathe a sigh of relieve, now I am free but free to do what? I ponder that while I am still hiding and I couldn’t come up with anything. Well for now I should clean up these bodies and find something to eat, I will live here for a while until I come up with something I want to do.

I pull the corpse of the guard from the entrance to the first room and put it next to the others then I pull the man from the left side room there and then the one from the right-side room. The pain and exhaustion made me want to stop but I wanted to get it done properly so I go to the last man and pull him to the first room.

I lie on top of the cool corpses and rest from the demanding work of pulling them in to the room, the fact that they were stiff made it harder to pull them into the room. During the rest, I get the urge to go look at what things there are in the cave, for example they should have some cool things like my father had this dagger in his chest.

I start checking the pockets of the corpses and find a dozen of brown coins, few small knifes and some miscellaneous stuff, I throw out everything except the coins and the knifes. I leave the small room and go to the widened area and look at the mess that was left from the bandit group, I decide to clean it up later.

Going to the left room I see a few pouches next to the blankets, this is where they must keep their belongings. I open the pouches and find more brown coins, shiny grey ring and some underwear, I leave the underwear in the pouches and go to the next room and open the pouches that are in there.
It was the same kind of things for the first three pouches but in the one belonging to the younger man there were shiny silver coins and a single yellow ring that had a small clear stone in it, also he had more underwear in his pouch than the rest and they were clean too. He really doesn’t look like he belongs here, well it doesn’t matter anymore.

I go to the last body and find only a single key in his pockets, I take it with me and go to his room and check if it works for the chest I saw earlier but the chest had no lock on it and I open it without the key.

Inside the chest is a thin sword, brown and shiny grey coins and a few bottles that had various color liquids in them. I put everything from my pockets to the chest except the key and the dagger I got from father, I close the chest and go behind the desk and see a drawer under it. I open it to find a single scroll there, I open it and it is a weird looking picture with lines and writing on it, I leave it open on top of the desk.

I go to the room with the boxes and pry it open with my dagger, inside I find dried meat. So, this is the food storage room and the middle one is the bosses room I guess, I wonder what is behind the last door.

I open the last door and go inside, I see a bunch of spears and other basic looking weapons on the walls, I look more to the right and see another door in the back of the room and I see a cage in the corner.


I move a bit closer and see that there is someone inside the cage, I move right next to the cage and see a woman inside. The woman looked young, she had a long yellow dress and a metal thing on her hair, she had long orange hair and on top of her head she had animal ears. Behind her I could see an orange tail with black stripes, she was all the way back to the cage with a face filled with fear.

Chapter two.  Chapter four.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.