Night

12. Night

The elf walks up to me with a worried look on her face.

“The bat person left, he didn’t even eat anything before leaving.”

I nod lightly.

“That might be for the best, it would be torture to live with me as I would remind him of what happened in with his family.”

“It is too dangerous for a child to be alone outside. We should have him stay here until he gets stronger, as we did with Sarah.”

“He got my blood so he should be fine around here as long as he is careful. I don’t want to keep him here against his will if it is not necessary.”

The elf nods and looks conflicted as she turns around to eat some herbs.
“Alright, lets head to the lake now, we all need to get cleaned up for many reasons.”

As I say that I see that beside the campfire the lizard kids and the lynx kid has fallen asleep. The other ones look sleepy too but haven’t fallen asleep yet.

Hmm, we can go to the lake in the morning I guess, it would be safer too since the children could actually see something when the sun is out.

“I see that everyone is tired already. Let’s go to the lake in the morning, now you can all have a good rest and sleep as long as you like.”

After hearing that Emma and the black kid lay on the ground next to the campfire and shut their eyes.

Anna walks toward me, and the fox girl is still walking around.

Anna hugs my leg and asks in a quiet voice.

“Can I sleep with you tonight?”

I look at the elf.

“I can stay awake tonight and keep a look out. I will keep Sarah from leaving so don’t worry.”

I nod and look at Anna still hugging my leg. I pat her head and say.
“Yeah, you can sleep with me.” 

She hugs my leg even harder. I wait until she releases my leg and then lay down on the ground next to the campfire.

She lays down next to me and grabs my arm and snuggles up next to it. I quickly start to feel sleepy again, I probably didn’t sleep much the last time so no wonder I feel so sleepy.

My eyes close and I stop thinking.


I feel so warm. Shouldn’t it be cold when I sleep on the ground outside? 

Why is it so hot in here? Did the campfire go out of control?

I open my eyes and see someone head on my chest she has pointy ears and reddish fur. I look to my right and see Sarah sleeping next to me. On my left there are Anna, Emma and the Lynx girl.

If I move, I will wake them all up, but I don’t really understand why they came to sleep next to me.

I look around as much as I can without moving too much to try to see what has happened here.

I quickly see the campfire or what is left of it and understand the reason why everyone is so close. Why didn’t the elf keep the fire going? I try to look around and then I see the elf behind me looking at me nervously.
“What happened?”

I whisper to her. She comes closer and squats down next to my head.

“The sticks that everyone gathered ran out quickly and I didn’t want to damage the trees around here to get more. I also didn’t want to leave you unprotected while I go gather more so I tried to keep you all warm with fire magic. It worked for a while but at the end of the night I grew too exhausted to keep it up.”

She whispers back. I understand the situation now. When it became to cold for the kids to sleep, they changed their sleeping place to somewhere warmer.

What about the kids that didn’t come here? I look around again and see the lizard kids sleeping next to each other and the black kid sleeping alone. I wonder if it is cold of if it is fine thanks to its race abilities.

As I was thinking that I see that the lizard girl wakes up. She looks afraid as she wakes up and gets away from the lizard boy. She looks around and sees our group, then our eyes meet.

She looks terrified and starts backing away in fright. I can’t do anything about it unless I want to wake up the kids, but I want them to have at least one peaceful night, so I look at the elf behind me.

She nods and stands up, then she starts to walk toward the panicking lizard girl.

At first the lizard girl wants to run away and looks so afraid but when the elf starts talking to her, she at first looks less afraid and then she calms down and then they hug.

Then the lizard boy starts to wake up and he looks around in confusion and he firstly sees our group, when our eyes meet, he is a bit startled and then looks downwards a bit and nods lightly.  

I nod back to him and he then sees the elf and lizard girl hugging. He stays there and then he lays on the ground again.

Now I just have to wait until everyone else wakes up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.