Morning

13. Morning

The black kid has woken up already; I didn’t even notice it. He didn’t get up even though he woke up; he must be waiting until everyone else wakes up as well.

The fox girl on top of me opens her eyes slowly. We look at each other for a while until the fox girl panics and gets up; I can see a lot more now.

The fox girl goes toward the black sword immediately and picks it up from the ground next to the campfire.

Emma is starting to wake up too. She looks at me and says nothing and just shakes Anna slowly.

Anna wakes up with a long yawn; she looks to the side and sees me.

“Good morning Leo”

She says with a smile. I nod back to her.

The lynx girl woke up from all this commotion and she quickly gets up and looks around while backing away from us.

Now only Sarah is sleeping; I can finally get up and start the day properly. I push the cat girls lightly with my left hand and they get up. I get up as I put my left hand under Sarah’s legs and lift her up as well.

Everyone looks at me and even the black kid gets up.

“Let’s go to the lake now.”

I turn around and start leading the way to the lake.

After going to the lake, we will head deeper into the forest and then the lizard men won’t find us even if they tried. After that I am not sure. Should we try to find a new city or a town to live in? It wouldn’t change their situation though.

It wouldn’t change my situation either. I could live in most places thanks to my strength, but it is not nice living in a place like that. What happened with the lizard people was weird too.

It might be better if we stay away from other people for now until things settle down.

We reach the lake and I put Sarah down. I turn around and see that everyone is still here.

“Look after everyone elf.”

I start to walk away as I say that.

“You could call me by my name. Its Melinda.”

“Alright Melinda. Make sure everyone is clean before we leave.”

“Where are you planning to go?”

“We can talk about it on the way. Nowhere in particular though.”

She nods and I walk away from the lake. We could always use water magic to clean the kids but it’s always better to use real water. They need to drink something too so we would need to come here anyways.

I walk around in the forest trying to see if any dangerous creatures are going to the lake, but I can’t see anything. I hear water splashing from the lake.

I walk around until I don’t hear any splashing sounds and start to head back. 
Wait, they need time to dry themselves too. I should wait longer before going back.

I sit down next to tree and start thinking. We can’t move that far away because of the kids. If we are going to be there for a while, then we need a source of clean water and food.

It should be a safe location too and not near any cities or towns. If I remember correctly this forest should be huge. We could stay inside the forest and find a place with a river or a lake and make some places to live there.

There are plenty of trees around so making houses shouldn’t be a problem and we could even make a fence around our houses.

It is starting to sound quite nice honestly. It might be fun to live like that.
Oh yeah, I should head back to the others now. I’m sure they are dry already.

I get up and walk to the lake.

When I see the lake, I also see a bunch of people around the lake. They are all wearing their old clothes and they seem to be dry.

“Leo!”

Anna shouts as she sees me and runs toward me happily.

Others turn around to look at me too. Anna hugs my leg.

“Is everyone ready?”

They nod. Sarah is awake already and she is glaring at me.

“Let’s get moving then. We need to get further away from the lizard men so we will be safer, but I don’t think that they are trying to pursue us so don’t worry too much about it.”

Everyone nods again. I turn to the direction that is opposite of the lizard men and start walking. Everyone follows behind me again except Anna who is walking next to me.

Melinda quickly comes next to me on the other side.

“So, what are you thinking?”

 Melinda asks with a clear voice.

“I think that its better to not go to any cities or towns for a while. Making our own village might be a good idea. If we find a good place inside this forest, then I think that would be a pretty good place to make the village.”

“That might be a good idea. Don’t go too much to the south though; it is quite dangerous there.”

“You sound like you aren’t coming with us?”  

“I need to report what happened in the lizard men city as soon as possible. If it is only this place, then there would be no problem but if this happened in other places too then a war might be starting.”

“Alright. Well you know how to find us so come tell us what is happening in the outside world if you have time.”

“I will come here when I can but if it really is a war then there is no saying when and if I can come back here.”

I nod. Things might be more serious than I thought. If it really becomes a war, then we really should live inside the forest for a while. Luckily, I have no one out there that I would want to protect or fight for so no matter what kind of war it is its better to stay out of it.

Melinda says goodbye to the children and walks to the other direction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.