Creek

21. Creek 


Something moves on top of me and it suddenly gets colder. I open my eyes to see the fur ball jump down from on top of me.

It is very bright. The sunshine feels uncomfortable. I block it with my hand and look at the fur ball again.

It is just eating grass on the ground. I yawn. My body feels alright right now. Where is the pain? I am not hungry either. It feels nice.

What should I do now? There is still the ant corpse here. I don’t have to worry about food for a while. I need to drink water so I should keep moving probably to find water.

I can’t just stay here and rest. Even though it would be nice to stay here. Maybe I should return here after finding water.

Yeah, I will do that.

But for now, I need to go find water. After eating. Yes. First, I eat. I get up from the ground, the grass feels soft.

My wounds do hurt when I move but it doesn’t feel bad. I should avoid getting hurt in the future. I should get stronger in the future.

I pick up the dagger from the ground and walk to the ant corpse. It looks different from yesterday. It looks a bit darker and it doesn’t look as liquidy as before. I touch it with the dagger, and it goes through it. Underneath it there is more liquid that looks the same as it did yesterday.

I cut the thing on the surface and use my dagger to get it out of the corpse.  It slides down the corpse and stops moving when it hits the ground. I wonder if I should have eaten that.

Maybe it is better if I don’t eat anything weird.

I stick my head into the liquid and drink the green liquid quickly. It is a bit harder to drink that last time. It feels thicker now. I can feel it sliding down my throat. The taste hasn’t improved either. I don’t want this inside of me.

I keep forcing it down since I need it. I should find better food too. Actually, why would I want to come back here. Better to just find something that I can eat.

I finish drinking the liquid, but the taste still remains in my mouth. I suppose it is better than feeling pain all the time, but I would rather not taste this at all.

Which way should I go? I shouldn’t go back to the ant place or the place where I came from earlier. I will head toward the opposite way of the ant place.

As far as I can get from the ant place the better.

I will leave the ant corpse here too. If any beast or monster wants to eat it, I would be happy to give them a free meal.

I should stop thinking about the ants now and get going. If I don’t find anything I will have to come back here after all. I should focus on that rather.

I start walking past the trees again. While I am walking, I look at my dagger. It is covered in the green liquid. I wipe it clean on my clothes.

My clothes are in good condition. They are comfortable as well. I can easily move in them. These are the first clothes someone made for me.

My vision is starting to get blurry. Not good. I should focus on finding water and food now. Why do I feel so bad? I hate this feeling. Why was she there? Why would she help me? Why couldn’t she speak properly?

Why did I have to kill her?

Why does it hurt so much when I felt nothing when I killed the bandits?

Why does it hurt so much when I used to not feel anything?

Should I not care about killing her? Should I blame her for what happened?

Should I do what I can to survive no matter who gets hurt in the process?

Wasn’t it better when I didn’t feel anything?

I don’t know. I want to help others like she helped me though. If I find anyone that needs help, I will help them.

I feel better now. I wipe my eyes with my hand and my vision is clear again.

Past a few trees there is a small clearing again. I walk toward it and see that it is a small creek instead.

The water is flowing gently on it.

I walk in it and the water feels warm on my feet. It feels nice but I should have been more careful. I got a really bad wound because of the water monster last time.

Luckily there doesn’t seem to be anything dangerous here.

I crouch down to drink the water. It feels great to be drinking liquid that you can actually drink. The bad taste on my mouth disappeared as well. Water is the best.

I drink till I feel full. Then I submerge myself in the water. My whole body gets wet from the water.
I clean my clothes in the water with my hand and I float on my back. The sunlight is still very bright and warm. After my clothes are clean, I just let myself float on the water.

It feels comfortable. I even close my eyes as I let the water move my body slowly.

Suddenly my vision gets darker. What happened to the sunlight? I quickly open my eyes and see that there is a big flying creature coming towards me.

Chapter twenty. Chapter twenty-two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.