Emerge


25. Emerge

I could probably even beat the big creature from the past, but it is probably better to get to somewhere safer to observe the situation first. I go past the river and hide behind a tree to see what happens.

A moment passes and the trees start falling down in the distance. A huge creature. Even bigger than the one I fought against is coming toward me.

It looks different as well. It is walking with two feet and it has arms like a human. Actually, it looks like a gigantic human.

Hmm, I probably shouldn’t go meet them, but I wonder if they are intelligent or just another beast. I look at it while thinking and see that they are walking toward the corpse of the bird I killed.

They just grab the whole thing up and take a bite of it. Okay, they aren’t intelligent. I should just stay hiding while they do their thing.

I think they aren’t supposed to be here. Alessa would have told me if there were anything as dangerous close by here. Then again, I have gone quite a distance away from the cave. Who knows?

They eat the whole body and start walking away.  I should kill it right? I am not even sure if I could but if I get caught with those hands, I am dead instantly.

I can always just follow them and observe more about it. It is interesting how it looks like a human, but it is way bigger than one. How similar is it to a human?

I could also go to where it came from, but I wonder. There probably isn’t anything too special there.

They start moving while moving down the trees. Does it not hurt it? The trees are strong after all. Also, why is the forest still up if there are so many creatures that can just knock down the trees by walking.

I follow it quietly. I make sure to be behind trees at all times and follow by the sound of trees falling down with occasional glances of the giant. I wonder if it is thinking of anything or just following its instincts like a beast. Just going after food and shelter.

Why didn’t it cook the food first? Maybe they really don’t have any thoughts and can’t do human stuff. How peculiar, I have tasted raw food and cooked is way better.

I wonder how he got clothes on though. It is only a piece of clothing hiding crotch area. He must be intelligent to some degree, right?

We walk for a long time through the forest. We face no creatures during this time. Not even a sound or a sighting of anything. This is completely opposite of what I experienced alone.

Everyone must be running away from him before he gets near. How does he hunt that way?

We walk a bit more and he suddenly picks up something bloody and hairy. He bites it and blood drops down on the ground.

After eating he changes direction slightly and we keep walking.

I understand how he hunts now. It seems a bit sad though since he can only take some old dead bodies from the ground and eat them without cooking. What kind of life is that?

Oh, the trees ran out. Are we out of the forest?


Chapter twenty-four.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.