Beras



12. Beras


The beras opens its eyes and growls loudly as it gets up. I scream at it as hard as I can and grip the sword with my right hand. Its paw swipes at me with incredible speed and even though I saw it coming from the start it still cuts my shirt.

 I slash the paw with my sword after it passes me, and I can feel the tough hide of the paw blocking the slash. Not even before beras puts down his paw it tries to bite me, I jump back and see the beras start to run after me.

Even though it is slow I still can’t outrun it now as it accelerated before I did, I also would have to turn my back on it to start running and I cannot afford to do it at this situation. I wouldn’t run even if I could though.

I back away as fast as I can to get more time to think, it will probably swipe with its paw when it gets close enough or it will try to bite me.

The beras catches up and I have run out of time, it comes towards me like its going to bite me, I raise up my sword, so I could stab the inside of its mouth with my sword but beras suddenly stops and swipes at my sword with its paw.

The force of the swipe knocks the sword out of my hands and I hear it hitting a nearby tree, now beras comes at me to bite me with its mouth so I quickly jump toward the direction the sword flew and roll as I hit the ground.

I luckily find the sword lying close by, so I run and grab it with my numb hands, the beras is already running toward me so I turn around to face it.

It comes at me the same again where it looks like he is going to bite me, so I rise my sword again but this time I am expecting it to stop and try to swipe away my sword and it does stop and swipes at my sword with its paw.

I put down my sword quickly so the beras misses my sword and I slice its face with my sword, the sword slices through the beras´ open mouth skin and it starts to bleed into its mouth and cheeks.

Beras growls angrily as it swipes at me with its other paw, I can only jump to the left to dodge the paw, and with the sword in hand I can’t roll on the ground, so I end up hitting the ground with my left side of the body.

I look at the beras and it is already on top of me, I rise my sword with my right hand but it swipes it away, I feel like I will die if I do not move now so I take my dagger from behind my back with my left hand and stand up to pierce the dagger into the beras´ mouth but the beras swipes at me with its other paw so I have to jump under the beras and roll behind it.

I run to the other side of the big rock and hope the beras chases me, so I can pick up my sword with ease, actually it should chase me there is no way it would let me go after all I have done to it.

I circle the rock and see the sword on the ground and I can hear the beras running toward me from behind the rock, I pick up the sword with my right hand and turn toward the beras again.

I rise my sword up again and prepare to dodge the paw strike, the beras stops and I pull away my sword but it suddenly chargers forward, I lose my composure and turn my right side away from the beras and start falling to dodge the bite.

I am not fast enough and beras is going to bite my left hand, I pull my left hand toward me and notice the dagger I am holding. I put my strength into my left hand and I strike downwards with it and it goes inside the beras´ mouth and pierces the mouth and comes out from under the mouth.

The beras growls from pain and I quickly let go of the dagger, so it doesn’t bite my hand off.

I take the opportunity to stand up properly and the beras is still growling and trying to get the dagger from its mouth with its paw. I grab my sword with both hands and stab it into the beras´ eye with all my strength.

The beras growls grow louder and it stands up with its hind legs and starts flailing around with its paws, I take some distance from it and suddenly it goes on all fours and stares at me while growling.

It starts running at me and I feel the pressure from the beras, it doesn’t care what happens to it anymore, it will do everything in its power to kill me even if it kills itself in the process.

I turn around and run behind a tree and as the beras follows me I circle the tree and push my sword inside the beras from the hole that is behind it, the sword sinks deep into the beras and its growls sounds like a cry this time. I do not stop moving and I have no time to pull out my sword either, so I let go of the handle and keep running.

The beras runs after me while growling and howling painfully, I have no time to look behind me, so I just keep running in the forest trying to get as many trees between me and the beras.

The beras should die from its wounds in time so as long as I manage to keep running away it will die. I run around in a circle where there are trees but always close to the open area with the big rock.

I do not want to get lost anymore than I am already and if I run to a new place there might be other beasts and monsters there, my vision is getting hazy already and I cannot feel my arms and at times I am not even sure if I am running so running into another beast would kill me.

I focus on maintaining my speed and listening if the beras is still behind me and if it comes too close to me, I run, and I run, many liquids are flowing all over my body, but I ignore it, I just keep running.

My sense of time is long gone, and I can barely stay up, the world is spinning around, and it is getting darker, I am not sure if it is because it is night time or if I am just closing my eyes.

I keep running in the darkness and I cannot see anything anymore, am I even running still? I keep going and I get a feeling that my leg hit something, but the sensation feels so far away, something soft hits my face.

Chapter eleven. Chapter thirteen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.