Togrolar



10. Togrolar


Ryan comes to the house.

“All remaining goblins have been handled.”

“We should decide now whether to stay here and rest or set up camp in the forest.” Luna says while looking at us.

“I don’t have a good feeling about this place so I would rather go to the forest.” I tell the others.

“This is a safe place and there is a roof on top of our heads, this place would be better.” Martin says convincingly.

“I agree with Martin, being on the lookout would be simpler here.” Alice says while looking at me.

“What about the goblin traps?” Asks Marie with a quiet voice.

“Do you have an opinion Martin?” Luna asks Martin that is looking around the room.

“I think we should make sure the room is safe.” He says while looking around the room.

“Well if we stay here we would have to clean up the goblin corpse and we can’t stay here for long anyways because of the numerous corpses outside that will start to smell at some point. But for a few days it would be an ideal place to rest properly so I am fine with either one. Why do you have a bad feeling about this place Melissa?”

“The goblin I killed died in such a weird way and only left this orb behind. That was not normal no matter how much of an anomaly he was.”

“Show me the orb.”

I take the orb out of my pocket and hand it over to Luna.

“How intriguing, can I do some experiments on it?”

“Yeah, I don’t really want it, it is ominous.”

Luna looks happily at the orb and then puts it in the pocket.
“Hey guys.” Ryan says from behind me.

I turn to look and see that there is a piece of the floor on Ryan’s hand and there is a hole on the floor.

“There are clear cut stone stairs that go down there, this is suspicious, goblins couldn’t have made these.” Ryan says while looking down in the hole.

We go closer to the hole and see the stairs go down to a corridor, it is lit up by rocks that emit red light.

“Take your gear and go in with Martin in front, be careful there might be more goblins there.”

I take out my sword and follow as we headed down the stairs, as we reached to corridor I could see that it was quite long. After walking a bit, we could see there was a door at the end. We walked to the door, there was blackish purple hue coming from under the door.

Martin opens the door quietly and there is a large room with a medium sized blackish purple sphere in the middle of it. We look around but the room seems to be empty.

“I’ll try throwing magic at it so take cover.”

We all went behind Martin that was next to Luna and watched as she threw a fireball at it. The ball when through it and nothing happened.

“Should we touch it?” Asked Alice.

“Yes.” Said Luna as she started walking toward it.

We followed behind her as she took her dagger and poked the sphere with it, the sphere transformed into a thin ellipse and it turned more purple.

“Martin try touching it.” Said Luna with focused eyes.

Martin walked next to the ellipse and put his hand on it, the hand went into it but it didn’t come out from the other side.

“Ok take your hand from there we need to think what to do with this thing.”

“The thing is Luna, I can’t pull my hand away from there. I can go forward with no problem but when I try to pull away there is a force stopping me, I can’t move an inch back.” Martin says with a panicking face.

“There is a chance that after he goes through it he can’t come back, if we want to stay together we will all have to go through the thing, is everyone all right with it?”

We all nod.

“Grab hold of someone so we are connected, just to make sure.”

I held hands with Luna and Alice as we proceeded into the ellipse. The moment I touched the ellipse my skin felt prickly and as my hand went in I felt the air grow cold in the other side.

I go to the other side and see a dark underground room that has four pillars in the middle of the room, there are numerous blackish purple spheres on the edges of the room. In the middle, there is a considerably larger sphere than the rest of them and next to it there is a large grey statue.

The statue was three times my height and it was lean with a robe like attire, his arms and face were hollow. When Ryan came from the ellipse shaped thing it started to get smaller and smaller and then it disappeared.

“Who has disturbed my rest?”

The statues eyes started glowing red as it started moving slowly.

“Are you the one who is responsible for that altered goblin?” I ask of the statue.

“Little ants have sneaked in to my abode, begone.”

The statue didn’t even turn toward us as he waved his hand to our direction and six black balls formed and flew towards us.

“Don’t touch those or you will die!” I shout to everyone.

Luna tried to hit them with a fireball but it went through them, the balls were flying fast and they were midway to us already. I throw my sword and it hits the balls sideways and they grow large and then they vanished with my sword.

Martin understood the idea and threw his shield at them and it hit two of them, a black dagger flew to the last one and then they were all gone.

The statue doesn’t say anything as he waves his hand again, six black balls fly out but this time they have a clear red center and it emits an ominous light.

“Let’s retreat, I don’t see us winning this fight.” Luna says calmly and taps the sphere next to us with a dagger.


We quickly take each other’s hands and go through the ellipse again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.