#5


#5

Getting out of the forest was easy since the undead didn’t even approach us, the skeleton told me that he can control them easily with his mana.

He also told that the undead are attracted to mana and because I have so much of it most of the undead in this forest came after me.

I asked him why he was different from the other ones and he told me that he killed other undead to get their miniscule mana. He isn’t sure how he started doing it, he said that it might be because he was different from the start, with more mana or just more perceptive which could have led to him killing the other undead.

There might have been some outsiders that came to the forest and died from him which would have made him stronger and more perceptive to mana.

He spent a long time in the forest killing the undead and when he started thinking clearly, he began experimenting. Over time he learned how to use magic and how to control the mindless undead.

First time people came to the forest after he could think clearly, he went to them out of curiosity, they of course freaked out and attacked him. He couldn’t talk to them either so all he could do was run away but they kept chasing him.

After he was battered up, he had no choice but to fight back and by controlling a horde of undead to attack them while using magic he managed to kill them.

At first, he confronted the people that came to the forest and if they didn’t leave, he would fight them. In time he learned how to speak and when he warned a group of people that came to the forest by speaking, they first left but then came back with a large group just to kill him.

After a hard-fought battle, he managed to kill them all and after that he didn’t go to the edge of the forest to stop people from coming inside. If there were ever any people that could handle the normal undead, he would then deal with them but other than that he spent his time on experimenting.

I told him about my past also and before we knew it, we were at the edge of the forest. I was worried whether he could leave the forest or not, but he said that there is no problem with him leaving.

Normal undead can’t leave since the amount of mana they have is miniscule and it would disappear in places other than the forest but he has a lot of it and he can control it so there is no danger for him.
 After leaving the forest we met up with Rann. She was shocked after seeing the skeleton and drew her weapon to attack him, but I stopped her before anything happened.

After explaining things to her she begrudgingly accepted him to our group and we continued our journey.


--

I was hoping that we could stop having a look out during nights now that the skeleton was with us but Rann refused to trust in him, so my sleep time is still cut in half.

We have been walking for several days now and the scenery is getting wider and less plantation is visible. We can also see further away since nothing is blocking our vision, so it is safer this way.

The grass here is long and up to our knees, also comparing to the grass from home it is way softer. It feels good to move my hand back and forth in the grass.

Rann told me to stop doing it.

I wanted to roll on the ground too, but I will try it out later.

I wish Rann and the skeleton would talk to each other more, so she could start trusting him and I could start sleeping more. Right now, she is just avoiding him as much as possible and she wont talk to him if not absolutely necessary and even then, her replies are short and cold.

Maybe if they are forced to be alone together for a while, they might get closer. Well if there is nothing for them to do then Rann would just avoid him and no progress would be made.

There is smoke in the distance. I better check it out.

---

I left Rann and the skeleton to gather our camp and went to check out what was making that smoke and discovered a village of black furred feline people which are probably black leopards.

They were being attacked by some white furred wolf people that were in a frenzy, they didn’t respond to words and kept attacking so I had to kill them.

They were fast and agile but my magic power over powered and they stood no chance.

The remaining survivors of the black leopard village were bloody and injured, if I had come a bit later, they would have all been eaten. The sight of dead bodies that have been torn and bitten looks horrifying.

One of the villages strongest fighters came to talk to me afterwards and thanked me for the behalf of the whole village. She said that she wants to repay me for saving them by assisting me in anyway possible.

I was about to suggest a great way she could repay me as Rann and the skeleton caught up.

Rann yelled at me for leaving on my own again and I ignored her as I offered to shelter them in my village, but she declined saying that their people can take care of themselves.

I wanted to argue but the look she had made me stop, I didn’t think I could persuade her to change her mind.

We gave them a few herbs that are good for healing and food and started to leave but the black leopard girl we had been talking to started to follow us.

I asked her what she was doing, and she replied that how could she repay for saving all of them without coming with me and helping as much as she could.

We got another companion apparently.

At least I can sleep longer now.


#4 #6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.