Getting the sword back




20. Getting the sword back.

I glance around and see that everyone is here except Susie.

“Let’s get moving now. We have a long day ahead of us and it might be pretty dangerous with all the snakes.”

The children nod while Sarah just looks at me.

“Do you have anything you want to say?”

I ask Sarah while looking back at her.

“I can take care of the children. Protect them. So, you can focus on other things.”

I can’t believe what I am hearing. She has been getting better day by day, but I didn’t think she would get to this point already.

“Are you sure? You would have to make sure that nothing happens to them while I am away or dealing with other things.”

“Yeah, you can leave them to me. I don’t want to be useless after all and there are all kinds of things that could go wrong here.”

“Alright, I will take trust in you then.”

She smiles and looks at the kids.

“Follow aunty bunny and we will go through the forest filled with snake and slaughter anything that comes in front of us.”

The children look terrified.

Sarah turns around with a big smile and starts walking to the right direction. 
The children are frozen motionless and the slowly start to shift their eyes on me.

How cute but I need to go deal with Susie.

“It won’t be that bad. Maybe. Stay on your guard though. If there are any snakes take care of each other. Max should be capable of defending you and the ones that have drunk my blood should be strong enough as well.”

They nervously nod and start walking toward Sarah but then they notice that she is out of sight already they start running toward her.

How adorable. Dangerous too. Hmm.

They will be alright.

I start heading to the direction where Susie is. She doesn’t move further away either so she must have stopped. That is good. If she were to go deeper in, then she wouldn’t be thinking straight.

What should I do with her? I guess getting her used to the snakes would be the best option. Luckily, I have my snake with me which will allow me to get her a little more familiar with it.

I reach her and see her sitting next a tree with her head buried in her knees.

“How are you doing?”

She doesn’t lift her head up.

“I want to keep the snake because I got attached to it. It isn’t harmful anymore either. I know that you hate that. You hate snakes. You would probably want to kill this snake more than anything in the world. It is still my choice to make. I could make things easy for you and not have it as a pet. I could also get you through this forest without having to worry about snakes. It is not my job though. I rather do things the way I want to do them. You might hate me for it, but do you really want to hate me for that?  For doing what I want to do? You can if you want to, but I want to keep you safe for now. Which means I will protect you and help you if you wanted to or not. I... I have lost too many people already that I care about. I don’t want to lose anymore of them.”

“I know.”

She says angrily.

“I KNOW OKAY?”

She gets up and looks me with red and wet eyes.

“I know I am wrong! I just can’t help myself from wanting to kill them! I can’t help but blame you for keeping me from doing it! So, fuck you! I will get stronger, so I don’t want to do what you want me to do. I.”

She looks at the sword in her hand.

“I can do it without this sword too! I WILL do it without this sword.”

She throws me the sword, which is very dangerous, but she does it so well that I can catch it no problem. Or rather almost anyone could have caught it with thanks to that throw.



By the time I have the sword in my hands Susie has already started to walk to the direction of the children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.