Moving through the snakes



21. Moving through snakes.

I meet up with the children and see Susie walking alone with her head down. The other children look confused or sympathetic, even fearful. We walk in a dreary mood through the woods.

Quickly the snakes started appearing and we just started killing them before they got close to the children. Some of the kids screamed when they saw the sneaks jump at them or when they were being sliced in half, but most weren’t too reactive. Fearful or protecting themselves sure but not a reaction you would normally see children do when their life is in danger.

Sarah walks in the front dealing with most of the snakes while I am at the back dealing with any that sneaks past her. When things get more dangerous, I will take the lead but for now this is good experience for her.

The snake isn’t showing much reaction either to the slaughter of the snakes and I am glad about that, I wouldn’t want to hurt my pet or even kill it.

There would be very few situations where I would have to kill it, but I don’t know what we will be facing when we go deeper into the woods.

The amount of the smaller snakes starts to increase, and the intensity of the slaughter starts getting bigger. I also start hearing some hissing near my head and see that the snake has its tongue out. I wonder what it is saying to the other snakes.

After a small stop in the snake’s movements they continue to attack us but there were very few small snakes that turned back.

After slaughtering lots of small snakes’ bigger ones started appearing and again the snake hissed at them. Now a bigger portion of the snakes turn back but there are still more that attacked us.

We keep killing them but other than hissing my snake isn’t doing anything. The kiddos look worse and worse the more we walk. Although there are a few exceptions which are Charles, Susie and Emma.

Susie has had the same kind of bad mood. Susie looks emotionlessly at the snake corpses and Charles looks at the situation calmly.

Now there are bigger snakes coming toward us, there are visibly fewer of them and they are slowly slithering while hissing at us. My snake hisses back at them and we come to a stop since I go to the front and stop Sarah. I let the snakes hiss at each other for a while until they let us through.

Oh, in the back there is slightly different colored big snake and it begins to lead us somewhere.

We follow the snake and soon we reach a cave. The children look terrified at the dark cave and they probably would be too scared to walk if I were to lead them inside.

“Sarah can you stay outside and protect the kiddos? I will go with the snake to see what is up.”

“Why would you follow the snake? We can just kill them and move past them. Or not kill them and move past them. No reason to follow it to a suspicious and pitch-black cave.”

“It is interesting though and they must have a reason for leading us here. It will not take long and they can’t really hurt me either, so there is no danger, at least for me. So, take care of the kids.”

“Fine but if we get attacked and some of the kids get hurt it is only your fault.”

“Yes, it is my decision after all.”

I go inside the cave that is dark but thanks to my night vision I can see without problems. It looks like a normal cave, but the ground is way smoother than what you would expect.

I wonder if it was made with magic. Did the snakes make the whole by themselves?

That would be interesting honestly, but we will see. You can never really know what kind of special species you find.

We head deeper into the cave and soon the pathway stops going downwards and the cave opens up more. After a few steps I can see how big of an area there is in front of me.

Further up I see a small hill and on top of it there is a snake. A small one. But incredibly colored one. It seems dangerous honestly. The snake has lots of magical power inside of it. And as I walk closer to the hill, I can see that there is some magical power inside of it or coming from it?

““Greetings traveler. I have heard and felt you kill many of the younger snakes around here. I urge you to stop doing that and if you do, I guarantee that they will not attack you either. At least the snakes that are under my control.””

I heard that inside of my mind, the small snake can use telepathy? Even more interesting.

““Of course, we are only passing through and we didn’t mean to kill so many snakes, but we did have to protect ourselves as they attacked us.””

““I can understand that, I do not usually like other creatures trespassing in my territory, but you seem strong enough to let go by. We can even maybe help each other out.””

““What do you mean help each other out? What do you want?””

““You are heading deeper into the forest, right? You will go to the area of the bigger and older snakes after mine. I agree that you are strong but there are many ancient creatures in these woods and even just the snakes are going to be a problem for you.””

““What is your point? You aren’t really answering my questions you know?””

““I know, I just wanted to give some context before answering. My idea is to travel together and overthrow the older snake area and get me to the magic spot there. Afterwards we can work together to free up a similar place from the other species for you.””

““I would assume that the magic spot you are referring is the one you are on right now? And the importance of that is that it makes you stronger because of the magical power coming from it and fusing with your body? I can also understand that if there are ancient creatures that have been feeding on a limitless supply of magic power, they can be stronger than me, even with the sword.””

““Yes, I am strong as well, but I do not compare to you, but I do know that the very strongest species in this forest are stronger than you are. That sword is amazing though. It is purely beautiful. Even more than you can imagine.””

““Thank you I guess but I won’t let you have it. Even though you probably couldn’t really use it even if I did let you have it. I do understand your point and I do agree with you. There is always the issue of trust and stuff but I believe I can escape even if you did try to lead me into a trap with the other stronger beings. I might not beat them, but I should be able to escape.””

““Do not worry, if I lead you into a trap, I am confident that the strongest being in the forest and I could kill you without you being able to escape.””

““That strong? Interesting. What are your reasons of wanting the spot of your elder snakes? Just for the increase in magical power?””

““Mainly but our relations have never been good. We also went down different paths, they focused more on strength and power while I went for intelligence and magical powers. They still do have some magic in them so be careful. I also do not like their methods and ways they deal with weaker snakes; they are like slaves or servants for the older ones and if they do not obey, they get killed. I want to let my snakes be free and pursue what they want. Even if they do end up making mistakes or going down the wrong path.””

““I can relate to that. Sure, lets go. Oh, I do have some smaller humans and a companion with me and while we are out I would like them to be here where it is safe and I would also ask for your snakes to provide them some food and water as well.””

““Of course, we will move way faster without them as well, so it is better to let them be here. I will leave my trusty offspring here to take care of them.””

So, there are dangerous and strong creatures in this forest. The magic spots seem very useful as well. I am getting way too excited about this whole situation. Fighting and getting stronger? What is better than that? I wonder how strong the kiddos would get if they could stay in the magic spots as well?

We will see soon I guess.

Chapter twenty 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.