Luna's Battlefield


Luna’s Battlefield



”Is that it?”

” Yes, that is it. We do not have more of them. They do still exist, even we had more before, but they got taken away.”

“By whom and what happened in them?”

“Who else? And what happened in them was the hero of old meeting a strong enemy and being pushed back by them. In the end facing them and using up most of his life to kill them. Then dying soon after. Of course, he did manage to unify the land before his death thanks to his followers.”

“So, that is the story how things became this way. Just a stupid greedy person doing what they wanted, ending up making certain people strong in the meanwhile and now we have to deal with the mess.”

“That is one way to look at it, but he did do a lot of good. If it wasn’t for him this land would be much better place compared to what it was in the past.”

“One mistake is enough to change all the good you did into bad. You can leave now. Tell Martin to come talk to me, we need to discuss something important.”
“As you wish Luna.”

The elf girl called max leaves my tent while carrying all the scrolls I read just now. Now I understand what caused the war, what caused my friends to die. I hate it so much. The dumbass Melissa jumped into whatever danger she saw, and, in the end, she died because of it.

I couldn’t protect her. All I have is Martin and Marie now. Even Ryan and Alice died with her. That is at least what we think, we can’t really know for sure. But we can’t even search for them since we have no idea where they teleported to.
Only chance I have of finding them is by participating in this dumb war. If Melissa is alive, she will lead them all into the war after all. And if not, I can at least find the skeleton and make it tell me where they are.

The tent is opened, and I see Martin walk in.

“Hey Luna.”

“Sit down.”

Martin sits down on the chair that is behind the table.

“What did you want to talk about?”

“Leave.”

“No.”

“The war is dangerous and you both will die in it.”

“If we leave then you would be in way more danger. You would also be alone, and I don’t want that.”

“You have more important things to worry about than my safety or happiness.”
“I can worry about them all you know?”

“But the consequences of that is not something you can handle.”

 “I-I already lost Melissa, Ryan and Alice”

“So, you better keep Marie safe!”

“What about you then? Who would keep you safe?”

“I will.”

“You alone? In the war where creatures and people way stronger than us die daily?”

“I am part of the strategic team. I won’t be in the frontlines. You on the other hand would be.”

“Where would we go? Just run of into the distance in an unknown world with only the two of us. I wouldn’t want it. I want to stay together with you all. Explore the world and then build a place for us to live together. Have fun every day. That is what I want.”

“They are gone. You can’t have that. The choices you have is going with Marie and living together in happiness or fighting in this pointless war and dying with her if you are lucky, without her if you are unlucky.”

“The choices I have are to abandon my last childhood friend or to fight to keep her safe.”

“Each and every one of you are such dumbasses. There are logical and smart choices available and you all just dive headfirst into the worst fucking choices”

“You know that you are the same as us? You could leave with us. There is no real reason for you to fight in this war either. But you have already made your choice on it. And I am not trying to talk you out of it.”

“Fine, stay then. I will do whatever I can to keep you safe” I say coldly.

“So angry, you have come a long way by the way Luna. You didn’t talk this much with emotion before.”

“Well you haven’t changed at all. You are as blockheaded as you used to be.”
Martin smiles as he gets up from the chair.

“That is me, the blockhead that stands in the front to try to protect the people I care about.”

There is a hint of sadness in the way he said it. He turns and leaves the tent. Why did things turn out this way? I always keep wondering if there was something else, I could have done, if I could have changed anything. Of course, I blame myself but logically thinking I can’t really find a way out. With the knowledge I had before there was no way to prepare for it. I couldn’t have changed Melissa’s mind either. I was weak and lacking but I couldn’t have been stronger. Not strong enough to change anything at least.

I walk out of the tent and look at the countless tents that go into the distance.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.