#6


#6

I couldn’t sleep longer. Rann said that she doesn’t trust her either. It apparently doesn’t matter that she isn’t a skeleton or anything like that. I do get that she is cautious and even if I saved her, she could still turn her back against us, but I want to sleep.

I am sure that if she tried to do something I would wake up before anything serious could happen.

Well all I can do is wait until they trust each other. When that happens, I am not going to keep watch during the night anymore. I will let them handle it.

The black leopard girls name is Tefa. She replies to any question we ask her but other than that she doesn’t speak. When we eat, she keeps a lookout. I tried to tell her that we don’t need anyone to keep a lookout and she should eat with us, but she refused and said that this is her duty.

I wish she relaxed a bit, but it does feel safe with her here. If only Rann trusted her to do the night watch.

The skeleton told that he doesn’t have a name and we could name him if we wanted to. It felt weird to give a name to someone that has lived longer than me and is a skeleton. I have been with him for a while too so I couldn’t come up with anything right away.

I told him that I need time to think of a good name for him so I wouldn’t have to give him a name right now.

Rann wanted his name to be Bones but he didn’t even react to that.

We continued our journey but instead of me killing the creatures that we came across I thought that I should let them handle them from now on. The goddess told me that killing things that have mana inside them would make the killer stronger since the processed mana inside them would get released and some of it would attach to the killer.

It not only makes their magic better it also makes their bodies tougher. It even makes them live longer apparently. In the south where the mana concentration is higher the creatures live a lot longer than here. There are even spirits that don’t get older.

Unfortunately, I can’t get stronger that way and I have no way to make myself live longer.

My life is attached to the mana I currently have and normal mana wont mix with it. I also can’t control the mana in the surroundings, I can only use that mana I have inside of me.

I live longer than normally if I use mana moderately so I don’t really need to think too much about it, but it would always be cool to try to get stronger to the point where I would live for hundreds or thousands of years and rule the whole world with my powers.

I need to be happy with what I have though, its more than what I would have had without the goddess.

When I told them that they will be fighting the creatures from now on Tefa nodded and the skeleton agreed to it too but Rann accused me of being lazy and trying to make them do my job.

I can’t blame her though since I am lazy, and I am making them to my job. I also made her cook most of the time and handle the laundry and I even wanted her to handle the whole night watch by herself.

I don’t want to tell them about the secrets that the goddess since they could make people want to start massacring lots of people for their own gain. No one wants to die after all and if they knew that killing others prolonged their lives; it might tempt them to kill other people.

Of course, most would start hunting a lot of creatures which would be good but even one-person massacring could cause a lot of destruction and death.

I guess the skeleton doesn’t get older either since he is all bones and mana. I wonder if his bones get fragile over time or if they stay the same.

In the end I convinced Rann by telling that they need to be able to work together if there are some enemies, I can’t deal with alone and need their help. I also said that I will be there to make sure nothing happens to them and I wouldn’t be lazing around on my own.

The first creature they came across was a big wolf with green scales and inside its mouth were poison fangs.  

Rann charged toward it first without saying anything and when the wolf dodged with surprising speed and tried to bite her Tefa came from behind Rann and tried to claw the wolf.

The skeleton used a fire magic at the same time and it nearly hit Tefa. Luckily the wolf got scared by it too so it didn’t end up biting Rann but it was a close call with a weak creature.

Rann quickly collected herself and decapitated the wolf after it was startled by the magic, but their teamwork needs a lot of improving and they should realize it from that fight.

The stew Rann cooked from it was delicious and spicy. I feel like the food quality is improving too as we move toward the south.

I think I will go to sleep early so they can talk about the fight they had without me bothering them.

I hope they will talk to each other at least.

I might be hoping for too much.

#5 #7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.