Past and present


12. Past and present 

I open my eyes and see brown lines in a light brown ceiling, I rise from the bed I was on. Inside the room there were standing torches that had dragon head statues looking up and it seemed like they were breathing fire, they look nice I thought as I walk out of the room.

As I step out of the room I see outside, the village is under us and we are in a hillside house. I hear the voice of people talking on my right and I proceed to walk inside the room.

The room is wide and it has a long table fitting fourteen people around it, Luna is sitting at the end of the table and she notices me immediately.

“We have been waiting for you, take a seat.”

Marie and Martin that are sitting next to Luna look this way and raise their hand, Alice that is next to Marie smiles and says good morning. I rise my hand as I say good morning back and walk next to Alice and sit down.

I look to the other side of the table where there are three scaly people with wings on their backs looking at me. One of them seems to be a woman and she is sitting farthest away from Luna in the left. The one who is sitting next to Luna looks familiar.

Next to him there is one that has darker scales and some of them are greyish making him look old, the last one is a woman that is dressed in a blue robe. How do the wings go through it I wondered?
“As you were passed out Melissa we have been talking about the situation, let me introduce you first. The one in the right is the son of the village leader Ong, sitting next to him is the village elder Enngor, and the last one is the grand mage of the village.” Luna explains.

“Nice to meet you.” I say with a smile.

“We met earlier but nice to meet you.” Says the one in the right.

“It is a pleasure, also I am grateful for you healing our people, I thank you.” Says the elder.

“Yes, without you I couldn’t have healed all our people, we are in your debt.” Says the grand mage.

I feel a bit slows as I just woke up but did she just say she wouldn’t have been able to heal? Doesn’t that mean that she can use healing magic too?

“As you guessed Melissa she can use healing magic we thought no one else but you can use. There are a lot more things to explain so just listen up.” Luna says before I have a chance to ask.

The elder starts talking.

“We have an idea who is behind these attacks but I have to tell you about the history of the creator of our race and how he impacted the continent. eight hundred years ago there was a man who went up in the world with great speed, he did great deeds and earned fame and fortune near the human kingdom.

He then left on a journey toward the magical lands and keep in mind that in these times almost every race was hostile with each other and there were many wars. He journeyed through that kind of a land ending wars and gathering a group of strong individuals.

Among the many things he did few of those were making new races and ours is one of them, this showed the people of that time that being with someone with another race is not impossible and it eased the relations between other races a bit. At that time there was a great evil emerging and he and his group stood up to defeat it, after a long and arduous battle his group was victorious but not without casualties.”

“Is the attacker someone from the forces of the great evil or his offspring or something?”

“No, well just listen to the end of the story.” Alice says.

The elder continued.

“After the great evil was defeated he retired and spent his energy to create peace between the different races, he created guilds on every city to give a way for anyone to make money no matter what race they were, they were also made to stop any wars from being born.

They were like a neutral force inside your city that would turn against you if you went to war and the force of every guild is a great one, no one kingdom could go against it, but many weren’t happy about any of this.

So, the hostilities remained but as they couldn’t do anything in the light of day they did it in the shadows, which quickly destroyed any of the bonds that he was able to make between the races.

At that time the hero of old was already dead of old age but his many of his comrades wasn’t as they were from races that had long lives. One of his comrades was outraged how the races he risked his live to save disrespected his wishes for peace.

He was an undead skeleton lord and after trying his best to make them change their ways he was ambushed and he escaped with his life. After that he changed and he came up with a plan to make peace among the other races.

He thought that if he killed most of the people then the rest would have to unite to stop him and if they weren’t able to he could just keep the children alive and teach them to grow up with peace.

He started to mass the forces of the undead but before he could start his war the rest of the group that were with the old hero came to stop him, after the drawn-out battle they thought they killed him and returned to their own lands but he could split his soul in three pieces and they only killed one of them.

After four hundred years when the people from the group were dead from old age or too old to fight or even move he emerged with his undead army but there were offspring from the group of the old that were powerful and there were individuals that had gotten great strength from fighting monsters for the guild that the undead army were dealt fast but it did do damage.

That sparked some of the ones who were angry about the way things were to go up against the guild and the weakened guild couldn’t stop it everywhere. So, the continent started seeing wars yet again, and the guild couldn’t stop it. They were too weak and if they moved too many people to one place the other places would revolt.

So, the one who is behind these attacks is most likely the skeleton lord. He must have realized that only with an undead army he cannot destroy this continent so he created those monsters.”

The grand mage started talking.

“Most likely he used powerful magic to create these fiends and he could do easily without being noticed by the people around them. The world must be in chaos right now. The goddess must have given us this power to stop him and help other people who are in distress. I know it is asking a lot but can you join forces with me and help me save the world?”

“So, we were waiting for you to come before we make a decision.”

That was a lot of information to take in at once but if there are people in need of help then I want to help them no matter the danger.

“I would want to go with you to save the world.” I say rising from my seat.

“Then it is decided, we will all go with you.”


My friends stand up as well with a smile, I know it is a grim situation but I can´t help but feel excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dwarf kingdom part one

Updates and things.

Made it, but.